Just a couple of questions...

I'm continually searching for a job, and it seems like there are a ton of jobs in AZ. So I was just wondering if anyone was willing to share their opinion of living in Arizona. I know it gets hot, but I can handle that. What are the people like? Is housing fairly affordable? Are there many Husker games televised? Anything you want to say will be greatly appreciated.

My son went to UA in Tucson for 3 years. He liked the area except for the monsoons, kinda like thunderstorm weather in Ne. Lots of good golf courses also. Sedona is beautiful also. Phoenix is big and growing along with the surrounding area. Some pretty pricey areas around Phoenix. Hot too. I think housing prices are probably between NE prices and So Cal prices. give or take <_<

If your going to buy a house in AZ. now would be the time, but be warned anything near decent will cost you at least 250,000. The State of Arizonam does allow 50 yr. mortages. Arizona does have Monsoons, and dirtdevils (dust storms). The state is also filled with Husker fans. My bother is a Field Superintendent for D & L Saw and Demo out of Chandler if you are looking for a job, and know Concrete. :bonez

My mom (no 'your mom' jokes please) has lived in Tucson for 10 years now. Born and raised in SW Iowa, she moved there with her then boyfriend. They split up, but after being there a couple of years she didn't want to leave. I've been there a few times winter and summer.

1. Hot is hot. So our 99 degree 90% humidity days are as bad if not worse than their 110 degree days.

2. You can't beat wearing shorts in January....though it still does get below freezing at night in the winter.

3. Mountains and Snow just a short drive away from Tucson.

4. A little bit 'older' community....but younger than Phoenix.

5. Yes...Phoenix costs more.