We want $Bill...

JHHusker

Dear $Bill,

I hate you. I do not like you. In fact I wish you would rot in hell. However, will you please come back to Nebraska, so we can have some sort of athletic program before Peddy screws this up? We'll pay you more than what Texas A&M is paying, plus give you a pimpin' H2 Hummer to go with your Cadalliac Escalade. Also, please don't forget to so raise ticket prices again so it will take more than one co-signer to get season tickets at Memorial Stadium.

Best Wishes,

JHHusker

Serously. Billy actually seems to be turning around A&M. Pederson has done som edecnt things outside of his hiring debalce .. Husker nation pavillion, new facilities etc.. but his demeanor is last class. we can get those other things from a more cllassy person. man how I wish the great TO would consider AD'ing.

Serously. Billy actually seems to be turning around A&M. Pederson has done som edecnt things outside of his hiring debalce .. Husker nation pavillion, new facilities etc.. but his demeanor is last class. we can get those other things from a more cllassy person. man how I wish the great TO would consider AD'ing.

Agree. I hate pederson with a passion.

Serously. Billy actually seems to be turning around A&M.

***SNIP***

What this shows, though, is that any major change takes time to "set in". Take a look at A&M and how long it's taken for them to even begin to return to a higher level.

I'm not saying that Callahan is the guy - I'm saying that it'll be a few years before that judgment can be made. Right now, the best we can do is accept what Pederson has done, and hope that Callahan does what he was brought in to do - recruit, recruit, recruit.

If he does, it won't matter if we're running the West Coast offense, the option, the Wishbone, or the Single-Wing. Just so long as we stick to one system, coach the players in it, and raise the talent level.

Serously. Billy actually seems to be turning around A&M. 

***SNIP***

What this shows, though, is that any major change takes time to "set in". Take a look at A&M and how long it's taken for them to even begin to return to a higher level.

I'm not saying that Callahan is the guy - I'm saying that it'll be a few years before that judgment can be made. Right now, the best we can do is accept what Pederson has done, and hope that Callahan does what he was brought in to do - recruit, recruit, recruit.

If he does, it won't matter if we're running the West Coast offense, the option, the Wishbone, or the Single-Wing. Just so long as we stick to one system, coach the players in it, and raise the talent level.

Bill has been there 2 years.

Correct. And?

What it boils down to is that it takes time once a team suffers a talent drought. All an AD can do is bring in the person he thinks will do the job, provide the facilities, and support the staff.

SP brought in Callahan. He's had one recruiting season, one spring, and five games. Give it some time, and then judge the process.

Correct. And?

What it boils down to is that it takes time once a team suffers a talent drought. All an AD can do is bring in the person he thinks will do the job, provide the facilities, and support the staff.

SP brought in Callahan. He's had one recruiting season, one spring, and five games. Give it some time, and then judge the process.

lol, he brought in the best coach in america. lol To bad he don't even coach.

Correct. And?

lol, he brought in the best coach in america. lol To bad he don't even coach.

Standard canned Bernard response to anything remotely related to coaching.

Franchione has only been at A&M two years, the same number of years as Bill. Yeah, they turned it around and are now ranked. Franchione has built his reputation on building winners. What reputation does Callahan have? He took an outstanding team to the Super Bowl his first year before totally losing control the next year to finish bottom of the division. I don't call this rebuilding a team.

Steve Pederson is the biggest jackass in Nebraska. We all know he offered the head coaching job to five guys before Callahan was hired. The only reason he hired Callahan was because he was desperate. Everyone kept turning us down, and he needed a coach with name recognition. Why did everyone turn us down? Because jackass Pederson fired a coach after going 10-3. He totally cleaned the cupboards of anything left by Tom Osbourne. In my opinion, Pederson put Callahan and the Nebraska football team in a lose lose situation. Callahan only has had a couple years of head coaching experience, and now he is trying to implement a passing attack in a run oriented school. Callahan is not a very good coach, but Pederson is a horrible AD. I don't live in North Platte, but I'm not far from there. I'm embarrassed SW Nebraska developed such an idiot!

If Stevie P wanted to hire a coach that wouldn't have everyone in the state thinking that we was trying to destroy the program. Then he should of hired Pelini. He may not of had the head coaching experience, but he had fire and passion that would of wore off on the players. He would not put up with seven turnovers in a game. He probally would of brought in an offensive cordinator from the pro ranks that ran an offense similar to that of the Packers (run first, run second, and throw when the defense is not ready). I do not believe that Nebraska needed such a drastic change from our tradition. I think that a small gradual change into a balance attack would of been the best for our program.

If Stevie P wanted to hire a coach that wouldn't have everyone in the state thinking that we was trying to destroy the program. Then he should of hired Pelini.

Who said he was trying to do that? People think he is trying to destroy the program because this state is full of hard heads that think they know what's best and for no other reason.

He may not of had the head coaching experience, but he had fire and passion that would of wore off on the players. He would not put up with seven turnovers in a game. He probally would of brought in an offensive cordinator from the pro ranks that ran an offense similar to that of the Packers (run first, run second, and throw when the defense is not ready).

Fire and passion don't magically win games.

Who says Callahan is putting up with this performance? Why can't people grasp what is going on here? See my sentence about the hard heads above.

The Packers run a variation of the WCO.

Originally posted by gamecocks:

If Stevie P wanted to hire a coach that wouldn't have everyone in the state thinking that we was trying to destroy the program. Then he should of hired Pelini. He may not of had the head coaching experience, but he had fire and passion that would of wore off on the players. He would not put up with seven turnovers in a game.

Or, it is possible that Pelini would have imploded, eventually grated on the players, or any number of other problems. Being a great defensive coordinator does not equate to being a great head coach. Two entirely different kinds of personalities are needed. Pelini may have been able to adapt – he may not.

Originally posted by gamecocks:

He probally would of brought in an offensive cordinator from the pro ranks that ran an offense similar to that of the Packers (run first, run second, and throw when the defense is not ready). I do not believe that Nebraska needed such a drastic change from our tradition. I think that a small gradual change into a balance attack would of been the best for our program.

Green Bay has not always been a run-first, pass-second team while running the West Coast offense. They have frequently been a pass-first, run-second team when the running game wasn’t up to snuff, and there were great receivers.

Granted, that’s not the case at NU at the moment. But in my experience in watching teams – for what it’s worth – it seems that teams that try to “ease into” a new style of offense never succeed. You have to plunge in whole-hog, take the lumps, and build for the day when your talent is ready.