I friggin can't believe it!!!!

faith

This is a joke, a coaching staff that does not make adjustments at half time,

But weren't the plays their, we just lacked execution. How many times did Dailey try to be Gannon and throw off his back foot. How many times did he overthrow his receiver??

Dailey gonna need to relax...

SOme of those receivers for Tech were running circles around NU. What can coaches do about that?

Most of times no we weren't open at all that I seen. Yes dailey is throwing different and off his back foot but bill don't say anything because him and norvell are busy lookin at plays instead of actually coaching.

Just because the tv was focused on the players involved in the play doesn't mean others weren't open. Dailey will need to improve his decision making.

Just because the tv was focused on the players involved in the play doesn't mean others weren't open. Dailey will need to improve his decision making.

As much as I agree with you and as much as I thought Dailey had it in him to run this offense, I am starting have my doubts. But he is what we got!

Most of times no we weren't open at all that I seen. Yes dailey is throwing different and off his back foot but bill don't say anything because him and norvell are busy lookin at plays instead of actually coaching.

We had recievers open on almost every play we ran, Joe just never saw them. That IMO is on him, not the coaches. And as Eric said that camera just focuses on the players involved in the play. I was there and we were open all night, Joe's just gotta see 'em.

Most of times no we weren't open at all that I seen.  Yes dailey is throwing different and off his back foot but bill don't say anything because him and norvell are busy lookin at plays instead of actually coaching.

We had recievers open on almost every play we ran, Joe just never saw them. That IMO is on him, not the coaches. And as Eric said that camera just focuses on the players involved in the play. I was there and we were open all night, Joe's just gotta see 'em.

[sarcasm] No way!!! the TV doesn't show everything!!! DAMN!!! [/sarcasm] :)

Most of times no we weren't open at all that I seen.  Yes dailey is throwing different and off his back foot but bill don't say anything because him and norvell are busy lookin at plays instead of actually coaching.

No, that is the as much of the coaches fault as it is the quarterbacks fault. Bill has got to have Dailey read through his progressions in practice. Maybe its not the progressions, maybe its the play calling that has put Dailey in the bad positions. But it is as much of the coaches fault as it is the quarterbacks.

No, that is the as much of the coaches fault as it is the quarterbacks fault. Bill has got to have Dailey read through his progressions in practice. Maybe its not the progressions, maybe its the play calling that has put Dailey in the bad positions. But it is as much of the coaches fault as it is the quarterbacks.

I agree mostly, but the coach can't do it for em. I have a hard time believing with this offense Callahan isn't teaching him that. That would be like the pope not teaching the commandments.

Maybe Joe just isn't getting it?

I don't think Joe's getting it. For what it's worth, here's what I posted in the "First Drives" thread...

"I think it's the scripting factor - and it isn't so much the familiarity of the plays, per se. I think that the coaches work with Joe on those plays to step through his progressions. Sort of a "Okay, on this play your primary is X. If X is covered, you go to Y. If Y is covered...". In other words, Joe doesn't have to think through the progressions for those plays to the degree that he does for the unscripted plays.

This is one of the factors that leads me to believe it isn't coaching. The coaches are preparing Joe. The problems arise when the scripted plays end - and Joe has to think through his progressions.

Ultimately, it's an experience thing. Joe may or may not ever "get it", but one thing to bear in mind is that he's barely more than a freshman. His first year all his snaps - what few he got - were in the option. Going through his passing progressions just wasn't taught. What makes him slightly more than a freshman is his exposure to the college game and the speed of the game, coupled with having the benefit of the spring to get a jump on the other quarterbacks on the system.

While that helps, it doesn't help on the experience/recognition issue. Assuming he can pick that up, he will do so only with game experience and reps in practice."

But weren't the plays their, we just lacked execution. How many times did Dailey try to be Gannon and throw off his back foot. How many times did he overthrow his receiver??

SOme of those receivers for Tech were running circles around NU. What can coaches do about that?

I sure didn't see anyone open to often. Callahan sucks.

I sure didn't see anyone open to often. Callahan sucks.

And you saw the whole field at all times, right?

Keep beatin that drum,man.

Let's see now.......Solich wasn't good enough..........college football is more competitive now even in the Big 12 (Big 2 and little 10)...........and Nebraska gets pounded unmercifully the same way the corn farmers used to flay other small teams! Get used to it Nebraska.........there are many many football fans in other parts of the country that really enjoyed this Husker debacle. Yes, Nebraska received its comeuppance. Let's see more of this! Really gratifying.

You enjoyed it why? b/c NU has been ridden with scandal and horrible people and the fans have treated you wrong in the past? or are you just jealous of our success and getting it done the "right way"?

since I assume #2 is the right answer, what would caus you to root against a team that is successful other than sheer jealousy and bitterness? those are not virtues my friend. can you really feel good about that? there are plenty of other teams out there to root against for all the right reasons, i.e. auburn, any of the florida schools, washington, colorado... on and on.. why Nebraska? seriously Im curious.

Let's see now.......Solich wasn't good enough..........college football is more competitive now even in the Big 12 (Big 2 and little 10)...........and Nebraska gets pounded unmercifully the same way the corn farmers used to flay other small teams! Get used to it Nebraska.........there are many many football fans in other parts of the country that really enjoyed this Husker debacle. Yes, Nebraska received its comeuppance. Let's see more of this! Really gratifying.

Keep it up. There is nothing we haven't heard or read. We are used to being hated. Who ever your team is, they will get theirs.

Let's admit it. He's got a great point. How many teams or sports fans are thrilled right now. NU beat the piss out of teams for years. NU beat OU 73-13 like 8 years ago.

Let's see now.......Solich wasn't good enough..........college football is more competitive now even in the Big 12 (Big 2 and little 10)...........and Nebraska gets pounded unmercifully  the same way the corn farmers used to flay other small teams!  Get used to it Nebraska.........there are many many football fans in other parts of the country that really enjoyed this Husker debacle.  Yes, Nebraska received its comeuppance.  Let's see more of this!  Really gratifying.

Let's admit it. He's got a great point. How many teams or sports fans are thrilled right now. NU beat the piss out of teams for years. NU beat OU 73-13 like 8 years ago.

Yes, we are hated. Always have been always will be.