defensive staff

For what it's worth, I heard an interview of a guy (sorry can't remember his name) who has written a book about the college football experience. He "hung" out with some D-1 teams like LSU to get an inside look. He stated that half time doesn't really have any emotion. The players break off with their position coaches and go over ah-hem, dare I say "adjustments". The atmosphere is really business like. Maybe there should be some emotion, that is one thing that used to get to me about T.O. who rarely showed any emotion, but it obviously worked for him in the long run. However, I have to believe that BO must have been pretty animated in the locker room at times. It's all about "chemistry", I think BO probably had more of a "fellow teamate" relationship with this "D" and Coz has more of a "father figure" relationship, but I don't think it should matter. IMO if you are NEBRASKA CORNHUSKER FOOTBALL PLAYER and you NEED your coach to get you "fired up", your playing the wrong sport for the wrong team!

I know what you are saying, although I think too many people have a hollywood image of how coaches should be. Yelling at players, jumping up and down, etc, etc. If they don't see that, then the coach must be sh**ty. Not even close to being true. The funny thing is that a lot of the people that think that way have never even played the sport. If they did, they had a coach that only knew how to yell to get their point across.

On defense where we are returning almost everyone we have gone from a top 10 Defense to the #54 defense in the nation. the game plan that Coz had was the worst i have seen in my lifetime, and the defense is not makeing a huge change from one system to another. look at some of the defense's individual stats from last year and tell me if we have someone that will get those stats??

J.Bullocks-10 picks last year---this year Fab & Dan 3 each, on pace for 7

NU 32 picks last year---9 this year, on pace for 22

2 LB's over 100 tackles(and the 3rd had 80) Ruud-58 Stew-29 on pace for 130 and 75

team leader in sacks-11---4 players @2, on pace for 5

So we were getting way more picks, way more tackles and a less sacks at this point in the season