defensive staff

Dittos from Vegas!

Pellini would have resigned if he had allowed 70 points to anyone.

Tech kept up the pressure and even though we were a top five defense coming in, offensive pressure will always find a way.

Not taking Bo at the top spot could come back to haunt The AD.

I thought that UNLV looked terrible against Air Force a few weeks ago. Now they are on a two game win streak. (Robinson took the pressure off of them.)

The Blackshirts lost them tonight. Baylor is giving Missouri trouble, and will probably be a thorn in NU's side next Saturday. Hopefully their effort will contain Baylor and get the season headed in the right direction.

This season is a transition from the old ways to the new, but it's going to hurt seeing more losses mount up over the season. This is only the beginning of the pain. Luckily Nebraska and Nevada are both landlocked and jumping from a sinking ship isn't an option.

GO BIG RED!

Pelini coulda woulda shoulda. The point is there is no way to know what Pelini would have done so speculating just rises the level of BS on the board already. Cos.

See AR's post in Open Field. Recievers were just walking away from DB's in this game. You can't coach speed into a kid no matter how much greener you thought the grass was.

I do think we should have gone after Cumbie many many more times than we did.

Husker rebel, I applaud you...

I know now, it's the whole "coulda, woulda, shoulda", but we're watching our beloved Huskers crap the proverbial bed.

SP just wanted a big name, that would hopefully put butts in the seats, and get some kids to commit. That is all.

One thing i've noticed about Callahan is, that apparently, doesn't know what the word, adjustment means.

I know now, it's the whole "coulda, woulda, shoulda", but we're watching our beloved Huskers crap the proverbial bed.

SP just wanted a big name, that would hopefully put butts in the seats, and get some kids to commit. That is all.

One thing i've noticed about Callahan is, that apparently, doesn't know what the word, adjustment means.

I agree, didnt really seem like SP used much discretion other than the "wow" factor. And he also seemed to "back in" to landing Callahan. Seemed like a fisherman just trying to "snag" the biggest fish in the river.

What do you adjust to if nothing is working? It's not as if there is some magical playbook that isn't being used.

C'mon, we all know there are plays that WILL work, they just arent picking the correct ones. True the players arent executing to their full capacity, but guess what if they arent maybe the coaches need to find plays that THESE players CAN execute, not the plays HIS future players will be running. The run has been fairly effective the whole year, whats wrong with that??

SP just wanted a big name, that would hopefully put butts in the seats, and get some kids to commit.  That is all.

I agree, didnt really seem like SP used much discretion other than the "wow" factor. And he also seemed to "back in" to landing Callahan. Seemed like a fisherman just trying to "snag" the biggest fish in the river.

I'm not sure I follow the logic. Callahan was, what, the third or fourth choice? The first choice was Nutt - and by no strech of the imagination could he be described as a "big name".

No, what SP was after was a recruiter. Whether he got one only time will tell.

No, there's no magical playbook, but, you have to notice that somethings not working. You make in game adjustments...

But was there a need for an adjustment at halftime???? Huskers should have put up maybe 17 points in the first half. Missed field goals and 4th down convertions hurt. The Huskers moved the ball.

SP just wanted a big name, that would hopefully put butts in the seats, and get some kids to commit.  That is all.

I'm not sure I follow the logic. Callahan was, what, the third or fourth choice? The first choice was Nutt - and by no strech of the imagination could he be described as a "big name".

No, what SP was after was a recruiter. Whether he got one only time will tell.

You can be the best recruiter ever, if you don't know who to play and how to coach a team your still going to suck.

I guess what it boils down to, is that Pelini had a better "feel" for Nebraska football...

I remember after a few games with him at the helm of the defense, the "Bo Knows Defense, Black is Back" shirts...

Granted he's wasn't a native, but he grasped on to what the team, the fans, all wanted. You felt that he brought something to the defense. An attitude, a swagger, that made the Blackshirts something to be feared again.

Now, our whole aura is gone. People look at us like were a friggin' joke, and that's just one of the things that is really bothering me...