defensive staff

I guess what it boils down to, is that Pelini had a better "feel" for Nebraska football...

I remember after a few games with him at the helm of the defense, the "Bo Knows Defense, Black is Back" shirts...

Granted he's wasn't a native, but he grasped on to what the team, the fans, all wanted. You felt that he brought something to the defense. An attitude, a swagger, that made the Blackshirts something to be feared again.

Now, our whole aura is gone. People look at us like were a friggin' joke, and that's just one of the things that is really bothering me...

Very good post. I agree totally.

As sad as it is, I think I would be a better choice to coach this team...

That's my evil plans for winning the Mega Millions Lottery...

I win the lottery, fly to Lincoln, and walk in to SP's office, and ask him how much it will be to either,

a) fire Callahan, and install me as head coach

B) fire Callahan, and have me find a head coach

I guess what it boils down to, is that Pelini had a better "feel" for Nebraska football...

I remember after a few games with him at the helm of the defense, the "Bo Knows Defense, Black is Back" shirts...

Granted he's wasn't a native, but he grasped on to what the team, the fans, all wanted. You felt that he brought something to the defense. An attitude, a swagger, that made the Blackshirts something to be feared again.

Now, our whole aura is gone. People look at us like were a friggin' joke, and that's just one of the things that is really bothering me...

But he didn't have a better feel for Texas Tech. OU's offense protected their defense by playing errorfree ball. We didn't.

Gee, Jason Lohr and those seniors who left after the season played quite significant roles on a now, nonexistent defense.

The coaches will learn from this embarrassment and Reilly will pay dearly for years to come, SP and BC will remember. Gee, I'm thinking an Army-NU 1971 (or was it 1970) score. Total demoralization and pull out of Vietnam-type thrashing.

Cos will give you cause to support our defense and its glory. Last time I checked most of these guys (10 of 11 starters) are returning next year. Now that doesn't make it easier for us today or tomorrow, but like a well picked hybrid--yield is the final score.

A frigging' joke we may have been, but know that everyone from the equipment manager to the orthopedic staff to the head coach to his microphone carrier is working to fix this problem. Otherwise they'd have to close down this bulletin board, because we didn't care. Gee, I don't see a RedRaiderboard anywhere out there.

Have a great week,

Huskerebel

Granted he's wasn't a native, but he grasped on to what the team, the fans, all wanted.  You felt that he brought something to the defense.  An attitude, a swagger, that made the Blackshirts something to be feared again.

Now, our whole aura is gone.  People look at us like were a friggin' joke, and that's just one of the things that is really bothering me...

But he didn't have a better feel for Texas Tech. OU's offense protected their defense by playing errorfree ball. We didn't.

Gee, Jason Lohr and those seniors who left after the season played quite significant roles on a now, nonexistent defense.

The coaches will learn from this embarrassment and Reilly will pay dearly for years to come, SP and BC will remember. Gee, I'm thinking an Army-NU 1971 (or was it 1970) score. Total demoralization and pull out of Vietnam-type thrashing.

Cos will give you cause to support our defense and its glory. Last time I checked most of these guys (10 of 11 starters) are returning next year. Now that doesn't make it easier for us today or tomorrow, but like a well picked hybrid--yield is the final score.

A frigging' joke we may have been, but know that everyone from the equipment manager to the orthopedic staff to the head coach to his microphone carrier is working to fix this problem. Otherwise they'd have to close down this bulletin board, because we didn't care. Gee, I don't see a RedRaiderboard anywhere out there.

Have a great week,

Huskerebel

Lol get real. Bo had a much better gameplan then cos had. Give me a break.

As sad as it is, I think I would be a better choice to coach this team...

That's my evil plans for winning the Mega Millions Lottery...

I win the lottery, fly to Lincoln, and walk in to SP's office, and ask him how much it will be to either,

a) fire Callahan, and install me as head coach

B) fire Callahan, and have me find a head coach

I agree.

And yes, I'm completely serious about what i've said...

I would gladly spend tens of millions of dollars of my own money, to bring our beloved team back to the promised land...

I would love to see you do it. Only because, like most things, it's harder than it looks.

Tech already played and lost to OU.

OU didn't make turnovers and Tech made four. In their losses this season, Tech gave away the ball. Saturday we did in abundance, and they didn't. Sounds like a way to lose the ball game.

Cos's system will eventually work, but time isn't a commodity for a 70-10 loser. I don't believe anything other than holding onto the ball would have changed the outcome. We have lost the ball and given everyone great field position all season.

Let's see, take away seven points per turnover and we lose 21-10. I think people would still say we stink.

Are we more talented? That's worth of debate. Can we will six against D1 opponents? Yes.

Tangerine's smell nice and beating the Deacons would be a great way to launch the recovery which is next season.

I know Tech already lost to OU, which makes our task later this year, even more daunting. Callahan, could be screwing himself.

He'd better use this loss as a wake up plan for everybody from the coaching staff, down to the place kicker. Otherwise, it's gonna be a hell of a long season.

Callahan might have a great mind offensively, but considering how the team has looked so far this year, and how disappointing he looked when he was with the Raiders, I don't think he's got the umph, or whatever you want to call it, to motivate this team.

Lol get real.  Bo had a much better gameplan then cos had. Give me a break.

Bo never played Texas Tech. Let's compare apples to apples here.

He did pretty damn good two weeks ago with OU. He only gave up 13 points to them. He may have a better team than Nebraska does but not by 57 points. Bo is ten times better than Cos will ever be.

I haven't seen motivation as the problem - I've seen mental mistakes that were inevitable given the drastic change in offensive systems, coupled with less talent than has been the wont at NU. 

Well, then it was incredibly naive of him to think he'd just come in and change the offense.

Smart money would have worked into this little by little. Jumping into the WCO with both feet, is, for my money, downright stupid.

For example, how many interceptions has Joe Dailey thrown so far? Enough to choke a dozen donkeys. There are several reasons for it, but the main one is, the WCO...

Well, then it was incredibly naive of him to think he'd just come in and change the offense.

Why?

Smart money would have worked into this little by little.  Jumping into the WCO with both feet, is, for my money, downright stupid.

Why?

For example, how many interceptions has Joe Dailey thrown so far?  Enough to choke a dozen donkeys.  There are several reasons for it, but the main one is, the WCO...

No. The main reason is lack of experience and not being able to read the field. Do you buy a tool that you don't know how to use, take it home, use it wrong and say "This tool sucks!" No you don't.

The only reason you are saying that is because you just don't like the offense and for NO other reason.