WR Sedrick Johnson

Player: Sedrick Johnson

Hometown: Arp, TX

Position: WR

Height: 6'4''

Weight: 190

40 time: 4.5

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Florida, Michigan, OK ST, Texas A&M, Houston, Texas Tech, Colorado, Tulsa, LSU, Arizona St

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: :star:star:star #44 WR

Bid Red Report: :star:star:star #57 WR

Assessing the talent:

Odds of Becoming a Cornhusker:

• 2 months later...

I'm guessing we are out of the running. From Scout

Mom's Pulling For…

By Allen Wallace

National Recruiting Editor

Posted Jun 24, 2007

"Texas A&M is only about three hours away and my mom would like me to stay close. But I'll go to Canada if I have to," Sedrick Johnson said. "I like the environment there. It's a family atmosphere and I love the facilities. I went to a game there last year and it was great. The fans are amazing..."

Sedrick Johnson, the 6-foot-3.5, 196-pound three-star wide receiver from Arp, Texas, says he has approximately 20 scholarship offers and denies a favorite.

Johnson, ranked No. 52 in the Southwest by Scout.com, likes Arizona State, Texas A&M, Oklahoma State, Michigan, Florida and LSU. He named the schools in this order and all of them have offered as well as Baylor, TCU, Arkansas, Colorado, Iowa State, Nebraska, Houston, Tulsa, Missouri and several others.

He already went to camps at Oklahoma State and TCU and hopes to take a few unofficial visits during the summer. "I'd like to commit either before the end of summer or early during the season, like September."

In addition to attending camps at Oklahoma State and TCU, he's already visited A&M and LSU as well.

"A&M is only about three hours away and my mom would like me to stay close. But I'll go to Canada if I have to," Johnson said. "I like the environment there. It's a family atmosphere and I love the facilities. I went to a game there last year and it was great. The fans are amazing.

"But Michigan has some great fans too," he said. "They'll have like 110,000 people show up if they go undefeated or if they only win one game. They have very loyal fans.

"LSU is a nice place too," he said. "They win a lot and I love the coaching staff. Coach D.J. McCarthy (wide receivers) is cool and really up front with me. They have a great offense and said they'd use me a lot in red zone situations and make sure that I get some touches."

Johnson says that the main factors that he's looking at are playing time, education and fitting in with the offense. "I want to get along with my teammates and have a good relationship with them because I'll be there for like four years. So it's gonna be important to get along with the people there."

Although Johnson admits that the Aggies are recruiting him the hardest, he says the Sun Devils are also on him very hard. "The ASU coaches are really nice and text me a lot," Johnson said. "They are an up-and-coming team and I think the new staff will do a great job there. They are just great people."

He reports a 2.8 core GPA and a 16 ACT - Sept. retake.