Hang in there, Husker Fans.....

:) I know last saturday's loss was tough to take, especially when you guys are so used to being on the other end of that kind of game. But I really think Coach Callahan has your program going in the right direction. My advice--be patient. You guys are in transition and it will take probably several seasons to get the spread O firmly in place and get the necessary players to run it. From what I am reading and hearing on the internet, you guys are already having a great recruiting year. The Big Red Machine will be back!

:) I know last saturday's loss was tough to take, especially when you guys are so used to being on the other end of that kind of game. But I really think Coach Callahan has your program going in the right direction. My advice--be patient. You guys are in transition and it will take probably several seasons to get the spread O firmly in place and get the necessary players to run it. From what I am reading and hearing on the internet, you guys are already having a great recruiting year. The Big Red Machine will be back!

You're correct. Name any "elite" program, and you can point to a down period. NU has managed to hold it off longer than anyone, but it was almost inevitable given scholarship restrictions and the like.

I guess i'm a stick in the mud. I love the ground and pound style of the days of yore. I used to love seeing the opposing D-linemen looking like they were about to meet their maker halfway through the 3rd quarter.

If I had a nickel for every big game I've seen that we won, that it was close through the first half, then halfway through the 3rd quarter, we'd just run away with it, i'd be rich...

I think passing is for pansies and only good for ESPN's top plays.

You want to earn your money, get down and run it up the gut...

I guess i'm a stick in the mud. I love the ground and pound style of the days of yore. I used to love seeing the opposing D-linemen looking like they were about to meet their maker halfway through the 3rd quarter.

If I had a nickel for every big game I've seen that we won, that it was close through the first half, then halfway through the 3rd quarter, we'd just run away with it, i'd be rich...

I think passing is for pansies and only good for ESPN's top plays.

You want to earn your money, get down and run it up the gut...

I can appreciate that point of view and the fact that you admit to being a stick in the mud :)