question about a commentator?

Granted I'd rather have Swain or Pavelka back to call the games, but I don't see what the big deal is with Jim Rose. He's honestly entertaining and gets excited about the game. Since I couldn't get the A&M game online, I had to listen to The Drive online, and the way Rose called it made it amazingly exciting considering I wasn't watching it.

Also, who cares how he calls a touchdown, as long as its 6 more points for us. :-) Personally, I think its unique to him in the way that he says it.

I agree that Swain or Pavelka back would be better. Rose could be good but he makes too many mistakes which he is constantly correcting himself. But my biggest complaint about his call is all the stupid analogies he tries to make or cutesy remarks. Rose has the knowledge of Nebraska football...just call the game like a normal human being and throw us some interesting facts about the players and let Adrian comment and move on. Rose is doing a disservice to himself by calling games the way he does.

Haha I guess I forgot to consider the analogies. I seem to remember him comparing Taylor's arm to the sword of Caesar once.

"Boy, Andrew Brown dove on that ball like a Marine diving on a live grenade in Fallujah!"

I'll never forget that one...

Does anyone have that 1620 the Zone parody of the Jim Rose call for that fake field goal?

while were on the best anauncers lets talk worst. whoever it was at the cotton bowl comes to mind here comes the stars of the offence mo taylor marlon purify and zac lucky oh I lets not forget the all big XII linebacker tom ruud!!!

Haha, there was also a time when Riley (Pat Riley did the commentating) was doing the play-by-play and Taylor was about to go deep on a pass and he said something along the lines of "Here goes Thompson dropping back, he's looking to throw!"

while were on the best anauncers lets talk worst. whoever it was at the cotton bowl comes to mind here comes the stars of the offence mo taylor marlon purify and zac lucky oh I lets not forget the all big XII linebacker tom ruud!!!

Haha, there was also a time when Riley (Pat Riley did the commentating)

Pat Summerall

Gary Thorne. He is a good play by play guy, but he mispronounced a ton of names.

Gary Thorne and Bill Clement was probably one of the best broadcasting duos in all of sports...They MADE the NHL special...but unfortunately, after the NHL got stupid, Thorne moved on with ESPN, and Clement finally caught on with the NHL with the insignificant Versus network and the "we could care f*cking less about hockey or anything else NBC."

Maybe someday they'll meet up again...if the NHL is to survive, it won't EVER go back to Versus or NBC. So why again is this a NU football thread?!? Well, whatever Thorne broadcasts, and he has done alot lately, he does a hell of a job.