Fire Mike Anderson?

I really believe that Mike Anderson is a great coach. He may be too aggressive on the base pads than more people want him to be, but he wins games. Since the 2002-03 season when he took over, his regular season record is 212-98. Only one out of five seasons, he has NOT made the post season. He has been in one CWS in four seasons. He beat ASU 5-3, only to lose to them in the loser's bracket 7-8 in 11 innings.

His Big 12 regular season record is 81-54. He has two years of 19-8 and 20-7 in Big 12 records. He was Big 12 Coach of the Year in 2003 and 2005.

He has lost only 44 non-conference games in five years. That is 8.8 losses per year.

Now that being said, this year is different. Here is why:

1) No power hitters - 31 HR's when we averaged 67-81 per year since 2000.

2) 30 wins by playing small ball. Andrew Brown leads the team with 9 homers. Impressive!!

3) We lost alot of chemistry players to the draft.

4) Mike Harmelink(pitcher) was the bad apple on the team that brought it down.

5) Charlie Shirek, who I thought was going to be the next Phil Shirek, was caught with Harmelink.

6) Ryan Werle was supposed to be our main offensive guy, must of hung out with Harmelink.

7) Tony Watson was good friends with Ryan.

I think we need to place Tony Watson in the bullpen. Teach him a lesson. Throw Wertz, Dorn, and Foust in the 3 games. We need to build on next year. No other team has had our off field problems.

:corndance:corndance:corndance

NO! He does not need to be fired!

1) No power hitters - 31 HR's when we averaged 67-81 per year since 2000.

This problem should be solved next year:

http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13490

The big-swinging freshmen in 2008 are set to include David Stewart, a 6-foot-6 outfielder from St. Louis, 6-4 catcher Tyler Rank of Rochester, Minn., and 6-3 outfielder Cameron Robulak of Toronto.

First and foremost, NO, you do NOT fire Anderson...... no debate.....

But, some of the "off the field" problems do "Reflect" on the program and head coach (comes with the territory)....

And, I have said all along, that NU hired the wrong HC when they picked Anderson over Childress, and yes, I predicted that Childress would and will be more successful than Anderson..... It is still way too early to see if that prediction is correct or not, but we will see over the next few seasons...

IMO, Childress was the master-mind to NU success all along, even with Van Horn...

You do not fire Anderson, but honestly, he hasn't impressed me much..... He won early, with Van Horn's player's...... his team fell apart last year and really really struggled this season....this is not a very good baseball team .....

You do not fire him, but the word "hot-seat" may sneak into our vocabulary as we enter the next two season's.