DT Trevor Guyton

Player: Trevor Guyton

Hometown: Redmond, WA

Position: DT

Height: 6'4"

Weight: 280 lbs.

40 time: 5.0

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Washington, Washington St., Arizona, Arizona St., Oregon, Cal, Boise St.

Favorites: Committed to California

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals:

Bid Red Report: :star:star:star

Assessing the talent: From Scout: All-KingCo as an offensive tackle, Guyton on defense finished his junior season with 80 tackles, four sacks, two fumble recoveries and three forced fumbles; Benches 360 pounds, squats 510 pounds and cleans 245 pounds

Guyton reports at 2.8 core GPA and plans on taking SAT in May.

Guyton: "My athleticism is my strength. I'm quick off the ball. I used to play basketball, which has really helped my agility in football. I need to really work on my intensity at practice. I tend to lax a little and I know that won't cut it in college."

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 25% Will be difficult to pull out of WA but he did attend our spring game which is cool and lists us as his #2 favorite. We are the most prestigious program in on him early. Will be interesting to see what progresses with his recruitment.

More on Guyton...via Husker Journal...

MAY 31, 2007. PREP STAR

TREVOR GUYTON, OL/DL, from Redmond, Washington has offers from Washington, Washington State, Nebraska, California, Boise State, Arizona, Arizona State.

"I just got an offer from Nebraska one week ago." said Guyton, "They are rucruiting me as a defensive lineman. Nebraska gave me a verbal offer and will send me a written offer later."

"I went to Nebraska's spring game." he said, "It was fun, they have great facilities. It's a nice place. I went with my dad, he really liked it too. I met a few other recruits that were at the game."

"Nebraska coaches told me they like how I play. I will probably make an official visit to them later."

"Boise State, Arizona, Arizona State and California offered me not too long ago." said Guyton, "Washington and California are recruiting me the hardest."

"Washington is my favorite." he said, "Nebraska would be number two then California, and Boise State. The Arizona schools would be after that."

"I like Washington's coaching staff." said Guyton, "The program is on a rise. If they win some games this year, the program will take off. It's close to home, about 30 to 40 minute drive."

"Boise State said I could play early there as a defensive lineman."

"I like Washington's coaching staff." said Guyton, "The program is on a rise. If they win some games this year, the program will take off. It's close to home, about 30 to 40 minute drive."

home boy. It doesn't appear promising that we can get him away from Washington. Also, how could that program NOT be on the rise. They have hit bottom and can only only get better.

• 1 month later...

home boy. It doesn't appear promising that we can get him away from Washington. Also, how could that program NOT be on the rise. They have hit bottom and can only only get better.

Has committed to Cal. I am surprised he did not stay in-state and go to Washington.