OSU = 1983 Nebraska?

I watched the video in that link about the '83 Huskers.

The thing that stood out the most to me was how awesome the O-line was.

I know Rozier was a stud I-back, Fryer had all kinds of speed, and T Gill was a wizard at running the offense, but you look at most of those highlights and there's no defender near them.

To me the scoring explosion included D. Steinkuhler as much as those three. Here's hoping his son is the anchor of a new scoring explosion!

Could it be Blaine Gabbert as the wizard running the offense,

Collins Okafar as the stud runningback,

TBA as the speedster at receiver?

What great memories! The scary thing about the Minnesota game was Nebraska scored the 84 points with a time of possession of less than 15 minutes!! Truly showcasing the scoring explosion. Bonus---it was against Lou Holtz!! :woo

No wonder the guy never has a kind word about Nebraska.

What great memories! The scary thing about the Minnesota game was Nebraska scored the 84 points with a time of possession of less than 15 minutes!! Truly showcasing the scoring explosion. Bonus---it was against Lou Holtz!! :woo

Only thing better than beating lou h is if he was coaching kirk curbstick too. :) oops and mark may :lol:

The guys from the 83 team were fun to watch Rozier could put moves on guys ...just one little short pass <_<

Actually Lou Holtz didnt start coaching at Minnesota until 1984 the year after the beat down. In 1983 he was still coaching at Arkansas. After taking the job at Minnesota, he was asked by a reporter how he slept at night knowing that his team was going to have to play Nebraska in Lincoln. his reply was......"I sleep like a baby.......I wake up every 2 hours crying"

He had a lot of respect for NU back then, I think that he lost it after working at ESPN. I think that is part of the criteria in order to work there.

Dude you havent lived until you have had a Rush Springs watermelon. They have a festival once a year. I personally dont find anything odd about it. The kids have events the adults get to eat some great food including some ass kicking watermelon.

We have a lot of traditions that are for lack of a better word corny. This is actually a good time. BTW some might constru it as a fruit. Hell I dont know either way.

Only thing better than beating lou h is if he was coaching kirk curbstick too. :) oops and mark may :lol:

The guys from the 83 team were fun to watch Rozier could put moves on guys ...just one little short pass <_<

Actually Lou Holtz didnt start coaching at Minnesota until 1984 the year after the beat down. In 1983 he was still coaching at Arkansas. After taking the job at Minnesota, he was asked by a reporter how he slept at night knowing that his team was going to have to play Nebraska in Lincoln. his reply was......"I sleep like a baby.......I wake up every 2 hours crying"

He had a lot of respect for NU back then, I think that he lost it after working at ESPN. I think that is part of the criteria in order to work there.

My bad--the older you get memory starts rewriting history. Like when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor...

My bad--the older you get memory starts rewriting history. Like when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor...

I plead ignorance, I was only 3 then! Maybe that 84-13 debacle is what got that maroon fired. We'll see if the Huskers get some respect from Holtz when they beat a highly ranked team this year for the first time in 6 years.