Trick Plays...

I love 'em!!! I think they catch the other team off guard, but the problem is now other teams are expecting it from us so we have lost our edge a little. ;)

I don't really think so. The Steelers had been running "trick" plays ever since Cowher was their coach, and they always get it done. Now he's gone, so I wonder if they still will. But it seemed they ran something every game, and it seemed to work, so I think it will for us, as long as Callahan keeps them fresh.

I love 'em!!! I think they catch the other team off guard, but the problem is now other teams are expecting it from us so we have lost our edge a little. ;)

I don't really think so. The Steelers had been running "trick" plays ever since Cowher was their coach, and they always get it done. Now he's gone, so I wonder if they still will. But it seemed they ran something every game, and it seemed to work, so I think it will for us, as long as Callahan keeps them fresh.

That is a great picture!

trick plays are entertaining and fan favorites, when they work.......but they are primarily used as momentum changers and somewhat out of desperation to get a team jump-started. while they are fun to watch, when they work, i am not a fan of them, as they are an admission of a stymied offense.

I disagree. Trick plays have so many benefits its not even funny! They can be ways to exploit teams over pursuing, make safeties play honest thus boosting running averages, WR can take all american corners out of a play just by running straight, and it can prevent a defense from attacking so much and sit in coverage more! Not to mention the fact that its FUN and could help sway a 5 star running back at home watching the game and having something stick out in his head when he thinks about all his D1 offers! With all the money every one is pumping into college football programs these days its hard to be special, its in the little things where you separate yourself from the pack! I think that a fake FG pass for a touchdown is just what we need! ESPN HIGHLIGHTS BABY!

trick plays are entertaining and fan favorites, when they work.......but they are primarily used as momentum changers and somewhat out of desperation to get a team jump-started. while they are fun to watch, when they work, i am not a fan of them, as they are an admission of a stymied offense.

Yes and No. I wouldn't say our offense was stymied against CU when on the Turner TD catch, but then again I don't know why we did that. Probably because they knew Congdon would miss it anyway.

Sometimes that is the best thing about a trick play --- a complete change up.

Tick plays, even if they result in minimal gain, serve to keep the defense on their toes.

when you are as good as a USC, Florida or OHS you don't need trick plays. as i said, they are mostly used out of desperation. they sure as hell aren't going to bring in a recruit on the fence!

You are kidding yourself. You are still dealling with kids, too much credit is given to a 17 year old kid who is physically superior to most, that he is also as mentally or emotionally equipped to make one of the most important decisions of his life and not be swayed at all by a little razzle dazzle. All things being equal, everything helps.

Yes and No. I wouldn't say our offense was stymied against CU when on the Turner TD catch, but then again I don't know why we did that. Probably because they knew Congdon would miss it anyway.

Sometimes that is the best thing about a trick play --- a complete change up.

Tick plays, even if they result in minimal gain, serve to keep the defense on their toes.

Absolutely!