I have a theory about the lottery though.

I don't think that the same 6 numbers have ever been picked twice. The odds are too high for that. And there's probably been close to a thousand powerball drawings since it started...so if you can take away those combinations of numbers, you could better your odds of picking the correct 6.

Although I guess it'd probably only increase your odds by .01%

but still.... :)

That's not true it's unlikely that any number will be picked and because there has been so few drawings,

a number picked before hasn't been picked again but it might. As an example say we are drawing 10

numbers from a hat, if I always stay with the number 5 eventually it will be picked and picked again.

Sorry to burst your bubble. :)

That's not true it's unlikely that any number will be picked and because there has been so few drawings,

a number picked before hasn't been picked again but it might. As an example say we are drawing 10

numbers from a hat, if I always stay with the number 5 eventually it will be picked and picked again.

but which are better odds? A 1/10 chance of it being the number 5...or a 9/10 chance of it NOT being the number 5? It's all about bettering your odds. True, it's possible the number 5 will be picked again, but the odds are much smaller. But like I said, it's only going to increase your odds by a very very small amount ;)

I guess that's why they call it gambling though

but which are better odds? A 1/10 chance of it being the number 5...or a 9/10 chance of it NOT being the number 5? It's all about bettering your odds. True, it's possible the number 5 will be picked again, but the odds are much smaller. But like I said, it's only going to increase your odds by a very very small amount ;)

I guess that's why they call it gambling though

let me try to explain this again :lol: there is exactly a 1/10 probability that 1 is picked out of the hat or 2 or

3 and so on. the odds are exactly the same. If i pick a 5 and put it back in there is 10 numbers in the hat one

is a 5 that is still a 1/10 probability that it is picked. The sum of the probabilities adds up to 1. Your argument

is that it's more likely to pick numbers 1 through 10 excepting 5 than picking the number 5, that's true.

wait, i get what you're trying to do, you're planning on picking all the lottery numbers except 5 and see if you

win, well i think it will probably work :lol:

if you rub your privates right before purchasing your ticket you might increase your odds of being arrested but I doubt that helps your odds of winning the powerball either.

and if you see a girl wearing a bikini made of sea shells and you hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream