And let "The Countdown" begin....

#43 Lonnie Stiner

My how times....and media guide photos have changed....

OEMTSSZVNJTJAVF.20040727231542.jpg

#5 Bernard Thomas

Does he have the sack record yet? ;)

He'd have to by now....sacks from McDonalds, sacks from Subway....I bet he even has a sack or two from Foot Locker.

40 Days!!!

#40 Cory Schlesinger

Schlesinger was a two-year starter for the Nebraska Cornhuskers. As a junior, he was the 1993 Husker Co-Lifter-of-the-Year with linebacker Donta Jones. During that season he finished as the team’s fifth-leading rusher with 48 carries for 193 yards and one touchdown.

He earned All-Big Eight Conference honorable mention honors in 1994 in a coaches poll and a Phillips 66 Academic All-Big Eight pick the same year with a 3.44 grade point average in industrial technology. Schlesinger will forever be endeared by Nebraska Cornhuskers fans for scoring two fourth-quarter touchdowns in the 1995 Orange Bowl in a 24-17 win over the Miami Hurricanes as a senior to secure Nebraska's first national title under then-head coach Tom Osborne.

I can watch that play over and over and over and over... It never loses it's luster.

Psssst. Which one? Those are photos of two different plays. ;)

#43 Lonnie Stiner

My how times....and media guide photos have changed....

OEMTSSZVNJTJAVF.20040727231542.jpg

#5 Bernard Thomas

Does he have the sack record yet? ;)

He'd have to by now....sacks from McDonalds, sacks from Subway....I bet he even has a sack or two from Foot Locker.

LOL! :rollin

38 Days!!!

#38 Sam Francis

2003 Kansas Sports Hall of Fame Inductee

1977 College Football Hall of Fame Inductee

1972 Nebraska Football Hall of Fame Inductee

1937 Drafted First Overall by the Philadelphia Eagles

1937 NCAA Shot Put National Champion

1936 Heisman Trophy Runner-Up

1936 First-Team All-American

Sam Francis was born on October 26, 1913 in Dunbar Nebraska and passed away on April 23, 2002 in Springfield Missouri.

Sam Francis is one of the greatest athletes in Husker sports history. Not only did Francis place runner-up in the Heisman Trophy to Yale’s Larry Kelley in 1936, but he also placed fourth in the shot put at the 1936 Summer Olympics in Berlin. Francis is one of only four athletes to be named a First-Team All-American in both football and track.

After college Francis continued into the NFL where he was the first overall pick in the 1937 Draft by the Philadelphia Eagles. Francis would play for four years in the NFL and also played for the Chicago Bears, Pittsburgh Pirates and Brooklyn Dodgers. Francis’ NFL career was cut short when he left to serve in the Army during World War II. Francis also tried his hand at coaching when he was the head coach at Kansas State in 1947.

#38 Barrett Ruud

Second Round NFL Draft pick by Tampa Bay Buccaneers (36th overall pick)

2004 Third-Team All-American (Associated Press)

2004 First-Team All-Big 12 (AP, Coaches, Austin-American Statesman, Dallas Morning News, Fort Worth Star-Telegram)

2004 Big 12 Defensive Player of the Week (Missouri)

2004 Nebraska Defensive MVP

2004 Nebraska Team Captain

2005 Senior Bowl Participant

2004 Preseason First-Team All-American (Blue Ribbon)

2003 Second-Team All-Big 12 (Associated Press, FW Star-Telegram, Dallas Morning News)

2003 Third-Team All-Big 12 (Coaches)

Three-Time First-Team Academic All-Big 12 (2002, 2003, 2004)

Butkus Award Watch List (2003, 2004)

2003 Big 12 Defensive Player of the Week (Texas A&M)

Nebraska Season Record for Tackles (149 in 2003)

2002 Honorable-Mention All-Big 12 (Coaches)

2001 Second-Team Freshman All-American (The Sporting News)

Four-Time Big 12 Commissioner's Spring Academic Honor Roll (2002, 2003, 2004, 2005)

Two-Time Big 12 Commissioner's Fall Academic Honor Roll (2002, 2004)

Ruud was the anchor for the Blackshirt defense and one of the most successful linebackers in Nebraska history. He served as a three-year starter at middle linebacker after seeing action in all 13 games as a true freshman in 2001. During his four-year Husker career, Ruud amassed an NU-record 432 total tackles.

Along with his success on the field, Ruud was a three-time first-team academic All-Big 12 selection and earned his bachelor's degree in business management from Nebraska in May 2005.

Yeah, sorry fellas. I have been on vacaction in lovely Kansas City and just didn't have time to even think about keeping up with the countdown. And to be honest, I wasn't sure anyone was still keeping up with my attempt at a "countdown". But since it looks like at least a couple of you are still interested in it, I will keep it up. But it's glad to hear that some people care about this thread cause I'm working on the final ten days that should be WAY differant then what I've been doing. But thanks Auroran for helping me out! :clap

By the way...went to Kansas City, and the Yankees got drilled, my wife burned two credit cards and I spent $10,000 on gas. Fan-freakin-tastic!

Yeah, sorry fellas. I have been on vacaction in lovely Kansas City and just didn't have time to even think about keeping up with the countdown. And to be honest, I wasn't sure anyone was still keeping up with my attempt at a "countdown". But since it looks like at least a couple of you are still interested in it, I will keep it up. But it's glad to hear that some people care about this thread cause I'm working on the final ten days that should be WAY differant then what I've been doing. But thanks Auroran for helping me out! :clap

By the way...went to Kansas City, and the Yankees got drilled, my wife burned two credit cards and I spent $10,000 on gas. Fan-freakin-tastic!

Wow it sounds like you know how to party!

Wow it sounds like you know how to party!

If you count being asked a thousand times "do you like this?" while watching my hard earned overtime money being set a blaze at the GAP and Old Navy, then yes, I can throw a helluva party! :w00t:wacko: