Has any one else seen this

The lincoln jounral star had a story about the AAFL football league that is starting up in 2008. I guess the play at major college football stadiums and use college football players that didnt make it in the nfl. To play in to the legague they must have graduated from college. For next year they are going to have 8 teams(Iowa, Purdue, North Carloina State, Florida State, Florida, and Tennessee) and there are negotiating with two other teams. By 2009 they hope to add Texas, Oklahoma, Alabama, Michigan, Nebraska, and Ohio State.

This could work. I have been thinking about a Triple A league ever since I heard about this. This would be my plan. 15 teams, 3 divisions. Made up of conferences broken down like this:

Division 1

2 ACC teams (Tallahassee and Blacksburg), 2 SEC teams (Baton Rouge and Auburn), 1 Big East (Louisville)

Division 2

2 Big 12 teams (Lincoln and OKCity), 2 Big 10 teams (East Lansing and State College) 1 Independent and Mid American team (South Bend)

Division 3

2 Pac 10 teams (LA and Eugene), 1 Conference USA (Hattisburg), 1 Mountain West (Provo) and 1 WAC (Boise City)

Each of the teams would have designated schools they could choose players from (for instance Lincoln would have the Big XII North teams, OK City would have Big XII South teams, etc.)

Each team would play 2 games against their division rivals and 2 games for each of the other divisions making a total of 12 games. The 3 division winners and 1 wild card making the playoffs. Maximum salary for any one player would be $50,000 (of course a salary cap as well). I'm telling you this would work. College atmosphere with a league just below the NFL. NFL scouts would then get to see a lot of players they wouldn't normally see get good reps. I can't see a downside with this.

I would like a sort of "AAA NFL Summer League" but it would be better if teams just accosciated with a NFL Team, like Nebraska could be Kansas Citys...

Do these teams in this league consist of just players from the college they are from or are they just associating with the college to use the stadium?

is this the replacment leauge for the European leauge

i dont know. It is a leauge for people that have graduated from college and didnt make it in the NFL. I would like this. Have Zac Taylor back in Nebraska. :)

I also heard that it would take place in the spring which would be outstanding. To be able to watch former husker players play in Lincoln would be great.