***Official Baylor vs NU Thread***

DaveH

Baylor isn't good dave h.  Yes they are better than western illinois but I bet it would be a decent game. Like I say, it didn't show me much.  If we do that against K state then I will say we are improving but if I had to bet money I'd say that isn't going to happen.

There you go again, putting words in my mouth. Tell me where I said Baylor was good? As a matter of fact, three times in this thread alone I have conceded that "yes it was only baylor." They are the door mat for the Big 12, no doubt.

Care to comment on the record set by Dailey or are we just going to skirt that?

You are going to refuse to acknowlege any progress on any level until we win a national championship and that is a fact.

Tell me where I said that you said baylor was good? I'm telling you they stink,stunk, suck and the game was basically a warm up scimmage to get some fans hopes up. Just my opinion.

Dailey set the record yesterday with just 13 completions. Yes, BAYLOR IS A BAD TEAM, let me get that out of the way now. But he had 26 yards per completion yesterday. THat is very good for any quarterback. You do not see other quarterbacks throwing up those types of numbers against Baylor this year. Neither Smith nor Young could do it. Lets give Dailey some props. He played a great game even if it was against Baylor.

Dailey set the record yesterday with just 13 completions. Yes, BAYLOR IS A BAD TEAM, let me get that out of the way now. But he had 26 yards per completion yesterday. THat is very good for any quarterback. You do not see other quarterbacks throwing up those types of numbers against Baylor this year. Neither Smith nor Young could do it. Lets give Dailey some props. He played a great game even if it was against Baylor.

Helps your average out quite a bit when you throw a screen pass and ross takes it to the house for 70 some yards. It can be misleading.

Helps your average out quite a bit when you throw a screen pass and ross takes it to the house for 70 some yards. It can be misleading.

So that play shouldn't count? What are you getting at? Should we start keeping stats differently than we have since time began? Should the QB have to actually throw the ball 74 yards for it to count? That's a laugher... :rollin

Helps your average out quite a bit when you throw a screen pass and ross takes it to the house for 70 some yards.  It can be misleading.

So that play shouldn't count? What are you getting at? Should we start keeping stats differently than we have since time began? Should the QB have to actually throw the ball 74 yards for it to count? That's a laugher... :rollin

I didn't say it shouldn't count. I said qb's numbers can be very misleading. He can throw and easy lil 5 yard screen pass and get 75 yards for it, or he can throw a perfect deep ball and the wr won't catch it and gets no yards for it. It's hard to tell how one played by looking at a stat sheet.

Helps your average out quite a bit when you throw a screen pass and ross takes it to the house for 70 some yards.  It can be misleading.

I didn't say it shouldn't count. I said qb's numbers can be very misleading. He can throw and easy lil 5 yard screen pass and get 75 yards for it, or he can throw a perfect deep ball and the wr won't catch it and gets no yards for it. It's hard to tell how one played by looking at a stat sheet.

Well yea, you can't just look at a stat sheet and talk like you watched the game. Word up.

I was at the game at saw what he was doing. He threw some nice passes that were right on the money. I know that HIS screen pass and long pass to Fluellen inflated his stats but it still counts and but those passes count for eveyone else too. Dailey played a good game today and I give him props.

Since you were at the game did you also notice how poor Baylor's defense was?

Well yea, they are no OKLA but that doesn't mean the offense deserves no credit for stomping on them.

I agree, it's better to do what they did then look terrible and have 5 to's but I think alot of you guys are getting your hopes up and think that in 1 week we went from pitiful to great and you will find that out against ksu.

Well yea, they are no OKLA but that doesn't mean the offense deserves no credit for stomping on them.

I agree, it's better to do what they did then look terrible and have 5 to's but I think alot of you guys are getting your hopes up and think that in 1 week we went from pitiful to great and you will find that out against ksu.

Forgive me for thinking positive. My bad. In no way am I getting my hopes up for the game. It's going to be a tough game most likely. I just think that if we can put a complete game together on both sides of the ball we can win it.

Forgive me for thinking positive. My bad. In no way am I getting my hopes up for the game. It's going to be a tough game most likely. I just think that if we can put a complete game together on both sides of the ball we can win it.

I don't disagree with you on that. Basically it matters to me on if the coaches coach good as to whether we win or not. If cosgrove has another crappy coaching game plan and if Callahan gets a big head after the big numbers last game and tries to get cute and pass every down then I think we lose.

I was at the game at saw what he was doing. He threw some nice passes that were right on the money. I know that HIS screen pass and long pass to Fluellen inflated his stats but it still counts and but those passes count for eveyone else too. Dailey played a good game today and I give him props.

I was at the game and I saw that on a few plays we exploited their blown coverages. but there was also quite a few plays where they were playing perfect man to man coverage, where even the Nebraska fans would be proud if our dbs played that well, and Dailey threw a perfect pass where only our reciever could catch it (which they did). Some of the passes that Dailey threw would make the pros jealous. I give Dailey props, he threw some great passes today and they all went to the right team.

Well, I didn't get to listen to the game, as I usually do, because in New Jersey, trying to get a husker game on TV, is like trying to get an audience with the pope...

My internet was FUBAR, so I didn't get to listen...

I'm not taking it that I missed a whole lot...

We kicked hell out a of a bad team, which was pretty much expected...

Well, I didn't get to listen to the game, as I usually do, because in New Jersey, trying to get a husker game on TV, is like trying to get an audience with the pope...

My internet was FUBAR, so I didn't get to listen...

I'm not taking it that I missed a whole lot...

We kicked hell out a of a bad team, which was pretty much expected...

we didn't really kick the hell out of them.