The Baylor Fan (this will anger most)

Ok guys listen to this. I was recently veiwing a story @ Fox Sports.com on MSN. It was a story regarding Big Conference and Out of Conference games this season. Here is the link:

Fox Sports Webpage

Quoted: "I think the North will be overall better this season, but they do need to earn that respect. You gotta do more than pull a few random upsets to be taken seriously. Huskers beware. Iowa St and Mizzou could steal your thunder this season... Looks like my Bears will still BLEEP . I wish we were in the North..."

And again: "North

1. Nebraska/Missou

2. are there other teams in this conference?

South

1. Texas (beats OU beats A&M loses to Okie St.)

2. Okie St. (loses to Texas, loses to A&M, beats OU)

3. OU (loses to Texas and Okie St, beats A&M beats Tech)

4. A&M (loses to Texas, OU, wins against either Nebraska or Missou and loses against the other, beats Okie St.)

5. Tech (beats A&M and Baylor, but probably loses to all other south opponents, possibly upsets OU in Lubbock)

6. Baylor (the best North team in the South)"

I can not believe what I am seeing here. How can Baylor, the worst team and embarrassment in this conference, think that they are the best North team in the South. Don't worry I did make myself known on that site! Let me hear what you guys think! :hellloooo

see CU

guy's don't worry about it. Everyone talked up the rest of the teams in the North last year. It started off between Iowa State and Nebraska. Then Mizzou started winning games and they were the team to beat. But K-State had that amazing new QB under Prince. And did great the year before...blah blah blah.

And when it came down to the end of the season. We killed Iowa State at their home. Killed Missouri to clench the North and CU just sucked ass last year (Montana State and Baylor? Come on now.)

color=#FF0000]Ok guys listen to this. I was recently veiwing a story @ Fox Sports.com on MSN. It was a story regarding Big Conference and Out of Conference games this season. Here is the link:[/color]

Fox Sports Webpage

Quoted: "I think the North will be overall better this season, but they do need to earn that respect. You gotta do more than pull a few random upsets to be taken seriously. Huskers beware. Iowa St and Mizzou could steal your thunder this season... Looks like my Bears will still BLEEP . I wish we were in the North..."

This guy is funny. Unbelievable! Considering Baylor has a record of 28-85 over the past ten years and is ranked 101 out of 119 teams by ESPN.

Ladder 119: Nos. 101 to 119 (from 1997 to 2006)

RANK TEAM RECORD WIN % TITLES BOWL RECORD

101 Baylor 28-85 .248 0 0-0

The emblematic moment of Bears football the past decade was the 1999 decision by coach Kevin Steele to try to punch in one more score from inside the 10 while up three on UNLV in the final seconds. Naturally, the Bears fumbled. Naturally, the Rebels ran it back 99 yards for the victory. Naturally, Baylor remains without a winning season since 1995.

Yeah they are definitely better than any north team :sarcasm

And since 2002 they have a 6-9 record against North opponents. Right I would say they have our number.

NU and Texas will meet twice this year

That's what everyone thought last year. Obviously, the South is the toughest within the conference. If McCoy goes down with an injury, I wouldn't be surprised to see a team upset them like KState did last year. OU's season falls in the hands of their QB. If he surprises everyone, they could win it all again. A&M will be solid, but they probably don't win the South. OSU is a little ways off I believe. We should all just be very thankful NU isn't in the South. With our nonconference schedule as tough as it is, we'd be very battered by season's end. I don't even think Baylor beats CU this year. No way in hell Iowa State beats NU this year. How pissed will the A&M fans be if they end up 5th in the South?

Baylor was 3-0 against the North last year, with more wins against the North than KSU, CU, ISU and as many as MU and KU. The guy kinda has a point.

True, in that perspective. But for them to even think they have a chance in winning the north or even being the strongest is just RETARDED! I would guess that they are drunk or high on something. They need to start winning more non-conference games and reppin the Big 12 before making bonehead remarks like that!

Baylor was 3-0 against the North last year, with more wins against the North than KSU, CU, ISU and as many as MU and KU. The guy kinda has a point.

Not much of a point. They are still weak. They only have to play 3 North teams in the year. If they were in our division they would still be bottom of the pack with ISU.

Not much of a point. They are still weak. They only have to play 3 North teams in the year. If they were in our division they would still be bottom of the pack with ISU.

My point was that I give them as much chance as Missouri at winning the North if they were part of it... next to none. They could definitely compete with the also-rans in the North(see my reference earlier) which is essentially all except Nebraska at this point.

That's laughable at best!!!! Baylor would get their a$$es handed to them by us. The fact that he thinks Iowa State is going to still some thunder shows that he is talking out of his arse!!!! They are going to be bad for the next 3 years just because Chizik needs to get the recruiting going. :wacko:

I wouldn't even give them as much chance as I give Colorado this season. Sure they beat 3 North teams last season, squeaking out a win vs. Colorado. Put them in the north and they loose at least 2 out of 5 and lose to the three south division teams they face and they still finish #4 of 6 in the North. And that is would be a very generous prediction if they were in the North.