So about a month and a half or two months ago I had some :asshat rearend me in my Explorer while I was enroute to S.W.A.T. training. No biggie I got my Explorer fixed and we were good other than the fact the guy wanted to fight me until he saw me get out of the Explorer in my S.W.A.T. uniform then it was "No sir, Yes sir!!!" So I got my Explorer back maybe 3 or 4 weeks ago from repairs and spent 4 1/2 hours last weekend detailing it and waxing it. So yesterday I am on my way back from working out jamming out to some country music and in my own little world when this stupid bi*ch turns in front of me and I proceed to take my nicely cleaned and waxed Explorer and cave in the whole passenger side of her car!!! She spun twice and ended up in the HyVee food stores parking lot!!! The funny thing is.....................MY DAMN AIRBAGS DIDN'T EVEN DEPLOY!!!! Thankfully a Des Moines Police Recruit Officer was coming back from the academy and saw the whole thing happen and told the officer that arrived on scene the story. So bottom line it was her fault my Explorer is still driveable, except at night, and her car is probably totaled. :madash:madash:madash

Sorry to hear that. But you know someone is going to say something about cops sticking together and well nevermind someone else can bring it up......

I hope you and the other driver are both ok. I would look into seeing about those airbags though. That could be a problem since your explorer is a magnet for other peoples vehicles.

Sorry to hear that. But you know someone is going to say something about cops sticking together and well nevermind someone else can bring it up......

I hope you and the other driver are both ok. I would look into seeing about those airbags though. That could be a problem since your explorer is a magnet for other peoples vehicles.

Yeah I get the whole cop thing. :lol: Well I'm wondering at what speed they are supposed to deploy at? I hit her probably going 30 or 35 mph and to me that seems like it should be hard enough to set them off. We are both fine as we were both wearing our seatbelts.

Yeah I get the whole cop thing. :lol: Well I'm wondering at what speed they are supposed to deploy at? I hit her probably going 30 or 35 mph and to me that seems like it should be hard enough to set them off. We are both fine as we were both wearing our seatbelts.

dude get rid of that death trap. i rolled my explorer back in 2003, it rolled 5 times and the airbags didnt deploy either

ford explorers are pieces of sh#t, they are not nicknamed "exploders" for nothing.

dude get rid of that death trap. i rolled my explorer back in 2003, it rolled 5 times and the airbags didnt deploy either

ford explorers are pieces of sh#t, they are not nicknamed "exploders" for nothing.

The problem with that is the wife loves the damn thing and we owe too much on it to be able to break even on it. I have about 3 more years to pay until it's paid off. What year was your Explorer??? Mine is a 03 and the crash ratings on it I think are pretty decent??? :dunno

Maybe I can employ a lawyer..................*cough cough* for a lawsuit!!!! ;)

Well, considering I'm still negotiating with your wife about my fees, I'm open to another revenue source. Let's talk retainer. Have your people call my people...

What if my people have people??? It's impossible to talk to my wife because I have her tied up in the................................disregard that last sentence and how about those Cubs. :lol:

Maybe I can employ a lawyer..................*cough cough* for a lawsuit!!!! ;)

Well, considering I'm still negotiating with your wife about my fees, I'm open to another revenue source. Let's talk retainer. Have your people call my people...

What if my people have people??? It's impossible to talk to my wife because I have her tied up in the................................disregard that last sentence and how about those Cubs. :lol:

<Watches hourly rate increase and increase...>

The problem with that is the wife loves the damn thing and we owe too much on it to be able to break even on it. I have about 3 more years to pay until it's paid off. What year was your Explorer??? Mine is a 03 and the crash ratings on it I think are pretty decent??? :dunno

it was an 01, and the only thing that deployed was the drivers door window right after my head hit it. had to have 13 stitches