Barry Turner

Barry Turner is one of my favorite players. I am really wondering if he is playing DE cause thats the position he's best at, or if he's just the best we've got for that position. I would love to see him as a big play threat tight end, or some fast a$$ed monster middle backer. Its easy for a DE to get swallowed up by the line and left ineffective and I think thats a big loss of size, speed, and athletic ability tangled up on the line. Thoughts?

Barry Turner is one of my favorite players. I am really wondering if he is playing DE cause thats the position he's best at, or if he's just the best we've got for that position. I would love to see him as a big play threat tight end, or some fast a$$ed monster middle backer. Its easy for a DE to get swallowed up by the line and left ineffective and I think thats a big loss of size, speed, and athletic ability tangled up on the line. Thoughts?

Your not the coach, you dont see what they see in practice everyday. If Turner could truly help the team better at another position than he could at DE, i garuntee you he wouldn't be playing DE anymore.

I won't argue that BT could possibly be better at another position, but who really knows. However, the positions you mention aren't too noteworthy for him.

NU has talent returning to TE, and someone WILL step up at that position this year and be a go-to guy. Phillips, Mueller, or Teafatiller will get it done. Barry isn't really needed here.

And LB?!? Seriously? Why? Yeah, maybe he could be successful, but why would you do that? Ruud, Octavien, and McKeon? What more are you expecting here?

ATP, changing spots would only diminish the DE position he is really coming alive at, not to mention saturate positions that may be more his fit.

I like him where he's at. Go dominate, Turner!! :bonez

I think Turner at TE would a far worse waste of talent. Seriously, I think the DE position is just more important. Sure, it's nice to have a guy who'll be a receiving threat, and maybe block adequately: but the defensive front four? I think that's higher on a team's priorities.

he's our best d end let's leave him there

Thats exactly my point.......he's the best we have at open end........but is that the position he is best suited for? I dont think so. Listen, dont misunderstand what I am saying, I dont think he should actually be moved, LB's have 3 great starters and TE's should be much improved. We NEED him where he is, but I think his athletic ability is being limited by the position he plays. Its just something to kill the next 30 days thats all!

he's our best d end let's leave him there

Thats exactly my point.......he's the best we have at open end........but is that the position he is best suited for? I dont think so. Listen, dont misunderstand what I am saying, I dont think he should actually be moved, LB's have 3 great starters and TE's should be much improved. We NEED him where he is, but I think his athletic ability is being limited by the position he plays. Its just something to kill the next 30 days thats all!

well look at his TE abilities on that Fake FG we ran against Colorado. didn't exactly look too smooth. and ganz said himself that turner dropped the ball alot in practice

he's best served at D end cuz if he starts disrupting passing games, the other team has to GAMEPLAN specifically for him.

neil smith

broderick thomas

grant wistrom

wonderful monds III

trev alberts

adam carriker

jay moore

all these guys (and more) dominated from this position (or a variation of it) so much so that it anchored our defense simply cuz they were on the field. if turner can give us a little of that, watch out!!