Soldier Stadium

Quick funny story for you guys.......

I work with a big Iowa fan and he was just telling me that Iowa sold their allotment of tickets (45,000ish) for their game at Soldier in a little under a week. Beeming with pride he says "that's Iowa fans for you". I didn't have the heart to tell him that had those been tix to a Nebraska game, they'd be sold out in a little under an hour.

Hilarious. :bonez:corndance:cheers:wasted

Quick funny story for you guys.......

I work with a big Iowa fan and he was just telling me that Iowa sold their allotment of tickets (45,000ish) for their game at Soldier in a little under a week. Beeming with pride he says "that's Iowa fans for you". I didn't have the heart to tell him that had those been tix to a Nebraska game, they'd be sold out in a little under an hour.

Hilarious. :bonez:corndance:cheers:wasted

I'm a moron......Soldier Field. :asshat

My son is being recruited by Iowa and we were invited to the Northwestern game last year. I was disgusted by the fans. Everyone around us knew the area was full of 30 potential recruits, but as they began to lose that game the fans were bad mouthing the players on the field like they were dogs, and then the stadium was almost empty with 3 min. left in the game. After the game we were walking back to our car and some dumba$$ ran up to us talking about how my son should come to Iowa. I said to him "why so you can heckle him every time they lose?" Iowa lost out on a great RB that day.

My son is being recruited by Iowa and we were invited to the Northwestern game last year. I was disgusted by the fans. Everyone around us knew the area was full of 30 potential recruits, but as they began to lose that game the fans were bad mouthing the players on the field like they were dogs, and then the stadium was almost empty with 3 min. left in the game. After the game we were walking back to our car and some dumba$$ ran up to us talking about how my son should come to Iowa. I said to him "why so you can heckle him every time they lose?" Iowa lost out on a great RB that day.

So finish the story who else is looking at your son? Where is he going?

Iowa sucks...

that's a given.

... why does he think that them selling 45,000 tickets to one of their games is some sort of accomplishment?

lack of perspective. for an iowa fan, it probably *is* pretty good.

but there's good... then there *CORNHUSKER* good.