Jake Brown and the X-Games

I don't know if anybody here is into the X-Games at all, but I certainly am. I used to spend hours a day skateboarding and in-line skating on any sort of contraptions I would rig up, and I love the sports and environment of the whole thing. Anyways, last night they had this competition where basically these skateboarders go down a mini roller coaster, it's like 300 ft. in total length with an 80ft. high roll-in, which takes them over a 75 foot jump, and then when they land that they go up a 25 foot high quarterpipe. One of the most determined, underrated and likeable skaters you will ever see decided to put it on the line int his competition, and he landed an absolutely insane trick over the big jump, but when he went up the quarterpipe at the end things went horridly bad. His board wobbled underneath him right before he launched into the air, sending him in a completely different direction, and all the sudden he was 50 ft. in the air looking straight down at the very bottom of the ramp. This was the most vicious "slam" I have ever seen a skater take in all my years of following the sport, and after falling 50 feet straight to the ground (imagine jumping out of the 5th story of a building onto the sidewalk), he got up and walked away. I could spend probably an hour talking about how much EXTRA admiration I have for this guy (he has always been one of my favorite skaters to watch), but words can't really describe how I feel.

Here is a video of it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBvCrSjpx9I

We can all rely on the always classy Dane Cook to provide legitimate lookbacks at near-death experiences.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fflM5r3oOLo

You do realize that is from his stand up routine that's like 2 years old and somebody just cut up and edited it and put it with the video, right? It's not like he just said that 2 days ago or something...

I just seen an interview with him, he has a fractured wrist and a bruised lung. His was walking with a cane and a limp, but he is dam lucky.

I heard he had a few bruised ribs as well (not entirely sure about this), but I DO know that he does also have a concussion.

Props to Jake for the most amazing thing I have ever seen on ESPN.