Castille is most critical frosh?

Skers, even though it was probably unintentional, it's a double-negative. His post actually says he'd be surprised if Congdon DID kick 50+ yard field goals ;) Just thought you'd like to know.

I understand what you are saying, I'm just not sure that was his intention, meybe I'm talking out of my a$$, thats always a possibility! :lol:

great the grammar police are out again, now i dont even know what the hell i meant with that post

Am I gonna get piss tested now?

SC's kicker fell off a cliff last year. Congdon will get a shot next year.

Sorry, I forgot about that.

It was a sad day in Trojan land. Mario Danelo was all smiles and a jokester in the locker room. He will be missed on and off the field. RIP Mario. There are special plans to remember him this year.

thats what ive read, very sad. What are your USC's plans for this year?

SC has a guy from the special teams who kicked a 40+ yarder last year against Notre Dame. He seems to have the inside track. But they also got a I-AA All American field goal kicker who graduated from Davidson. He is in grad school and is eligible immediately according to the NCAA Also, El Camino Jr College's (Close to SC with a good JUCO program) kicker came to USC. So, we'll wait and see. In addition two walk ons are competing for the job as well as other guys on the team. At one point this week in practice there were nine guys lined up practicing kicking. I think its safe to say the position is wide open! This is one area I think NU has the edge on SC going into the game Sept. 15th. Thanks for asking.

i meant what your plans were to remember him

SC's kicker fell off a cliff last year. Congdon will get a shot next year.

Sorry, I forgot about that.

It was a sad day in Trojan land. Mario Danelo was all smiles and a jokester in the locker room. He will be missed on and off the field. RIP Mario. There are special plans to remember him this year.

thats what ive read, very sad. What are your USC's plans for this year?

SC has a guy from the special teams who kicked a 40+ yarder last year against Notre Dame. He seems to have the inside track. But they also got a I-AA All American field goal kicker who graduated from Davidson. He is in grad school and is eligible immediately according to the NCAA Also, El Camino Jr College's (Close to SC with a good JUCO program) kicker came to USC. So, we'll wait and see. In addition two walk ons are competing for the job as well as other guys on the team. At one point this week in practice there were nine guys lined up practicing kicking. I think its safe to say the position is wide open! This is one area I think NU has the edge on SC going into the game Sept. 15th. Thanks for asking.

i meant what your plans were to remember him

Sorry for misunderstanding the question.

Most of what SC is going to do in the form of tributes and ceremonies and will be announced at the beginning of the season. For starters, USC is working with ESPN on a tribute to Mario. Immediately after Mario's death, a large billboard in memory of Mario is/was set up at the end of Harbor Freeway. An endowed scholarship has been set up in Mario's memory for any walk on who later gets an athletic scholarship. Most visibly for the players is the number 19 has been painted in the end zone, and no player will wear that number this season.

Did you see the pictures of Castille at practice??? The guy is a freakin monster!!!! I agree that he is going to be a big part of the offense, but I don't think it's going to be as much as we all think. If we would have had Adi last season we would have definately at least tied the Cotton Bowl with Auburn. Prince is going to need to step up and become that sorely needed kick/punt returner that we have needed for years!!!!!

If this article: http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/stories...n.1f51ab2c.html

is a prelude to anything, you may very well be right.

good things are being said about Castille so far, and with Lucky already getting a concussion and Glenn tweaking his hammy, Castille might be the key, could be Mendoza also since he was here in the spring

Still, not good news...I wouldn't think a concussion would keep him out of the opener, probably depends on severity, but will limit practices more than likely.

And jeez...hammy's...those are so unpredictable... :hmmph

good things are being said about Castille so far, and with Lucky already getting a concussion and Glenn tweaking his hammy, Castille might be the key, could be Mendoza also since he was here in the spring

Still, not good news...I wouldn't think a concussion would keep him out of the opener, probably depends on severity, but will limit practices more than likely.

And jeez...hammy's...those are so unpredictable... :hmmph

it doesnt look like the concussion was very sever, just got his bell rung, look to see Lucky back in the pads tomorrow or tuesday. Glenn, this kid just cant buy a break

It's the blocking schemes that take the RB's here a while to figure out. Jackson was a lot better back than Porkchop, but he simply didn't have the blocking schemes down. This is why he didn't play more a couple of years ago.

Actually, wasn't he listed above Porkchop during/at the end of fall camp that year? I thought that they major thing that kept him from seeing PT was his injury, otherwise he would have been starting or at least sharing carries w/ Porkchop.