Grading the units

Today, what grades would you give the above areas of the team? No minuses - just letter grades with or without the +.

QB: A - Keller probable starter, Ganz able back-up

RB: B - Lucky/Glenn good 1-2 punch, some concertns with durability and depth

WR: B+ - Veteran crew coming back, with some eye-opening potential coming in. Questions about matching up with stronger DBs

OL: A+ - strongest unit in years in terms of depth/experience/knowledge of system/chemistry

DL: B - unproven group, yet with potential.

LB: A - Good expereince coming back, but without a true speed guy

DB: C - Swirling questions about technique, depth, and as of yet, still missing a lock-down guy. Potential is there, but will it bloom in time?

Any defensive touchdowns this year?

ST: C+ - Titchener looks good, but what about kick-offs/place kicking? Coverage was decent last year, but Bullet Rigoni is gone. Punt /kick returns still questionable, but there is speed to be found, and the extra 5 yards could help.

Today, what grades would you give the above areas of the team? No minuses - just letter grades with or without the +.

QB: A - Keller probable starter, Ganz able back-up

RB: B - Lucky/Glenn good 1-2 punch, some concertns with durability and depth

WR: B+ - Veteran crew coming back, with some eye-opening potential coming in. Questions about matching up with stronger DBs

OL: A+ - strongest unit in years in terms of depth/experience/knowledge of system/chemistry

DL: B - unproven group, yet with potential.

LB: A - Good expereince coming back, but without a true speed guy

DB: C - Swirling questions about technique, depth, and as of yet, still missing a lock-down guy. Potential is there, but will it bloom in time?

Any defensive touchdowns this year?

ST: C+ - Titchener looks good, but what about kick-offs/place kicking? Coverage was decent last year, but Bullet Rigoni is gone. Punt /kick returns still questionable, but there is speed to be found, and the extra 5 yards could help.

The main area I think I would disagree would be at the QB position just because Keller doesn't have any game experience with this team, and one spring under his belt.

Also he hasn't been in a game experience since 05 so he may be a bit rusty in the efficency of running a offense under the pressure of a clock.

So I would go with a B for the QB.

For the most part I think you graded fairly accuarte IMO, I have alot of questions that will get answered shortly into the season.

:bonez

QB: A-: Keller has all the tools, just has to live up to the hype. Sam has the ability to take this offense to the next level. Joe Ganz is a solid QB, and will be one of the best backups in the nation.

RB: B : I expect Lucky to have a breakout year behind the great o-line we have.

WR: B+: Quality depth but they must improve on dropped passes, especially Nunn and Swift. Call me crazy, but I see Todd Peterson having a breakout year. Peterson and Keller appeared to have great chemisty at the Spring Game.

OL: B+: Deepest offensive line in Callahan's regime.

TE: C-: No major threats at the moment as Phillips is known primarily for his blocking. It appears that Mcneil has the oppportunity to be special.

DL: B-: Turner and Suh will lead this group as we break in four new starters.

LB: A-: Octavien is a monster, but he MUST STAY HEALTHY! Mckeon and Ruud are solid, but I've never really been all that impressed by those two. Brandenburg and Dillard should see quality time as well.

CB: C: Cortney Grixby... enough said. Andre Jones needs to step up and show that he belongs. Bowman is the wildcard here. In my perfect world, the starting CB's would be Jones(until Bowman is back to 100%) and Ricky Thenarse. We need size to match up with the Turner's, Blythe's, Sweed's, and Bowman's.

S: B+: Tierre Green and Larry Asante appear to be the starters, but I love Bryan Wilson and Thenarse. Although I see Ricky starting at safety in 2008, I would LOVE to see him at CB this year. WE NEED TO GET THAT GUY ON THE FIELD! Green, Wilson, Asante, and Thenarse are all solid players.

SPT: C+: Huskers need Adi's big leg to kick field goals. Titchener is a quality punter. I really hope that Prince Amukamara becomes that "special" returner Cally & Co have been lacking, but I'm just not quite sure yet.

CB: C: Cortney Grixby... enough said. Andre Jones needs to step up and show that he belongs. Bowman is the wildcard here. In my perfect world, the starting CB's would be Jones(until Bowman is back to 100%) and Ricky Thenarse. We need size to match up with the Turner's, Blythe's, Sweed's, and Bowman's.

I would think if grixby continues to play like he dd last year we will see murillo replace him before thenarse

QB-B+, Keller can be good, but has a penchant for turnovers against top teams and he is learning a new system. He had better play like he did against LSU and not get hurt because there are no notable experienced backups.

RB- B-, solid, no top level back, the Frosh. should add alot to the depth if as good as advertised

WR- B-, see "RB"

TE- D, If McNeil shows up and turns out to be a threat, he would raise this grade.

OL- B-, the best in Callahan's time, but most of these guys would be fighting for the backup roles on an average Osborne line.

DL-C+, Lost 4 starters from an average line last year. Suh will be All-conference material by the time he graduates, Turner has All-Amercan potential if he is used properly. This area is shaky enough for the staff to consider using a 3-4.

LB- B, solid but no big-time playmakers. Dillard and Brandenburg are solid backups.

S-C-, Green has great speed, but there are no other experienced players.

CB-C, Grixby is the best at this position, 'nuff said.

SP-D+, coverage teams were okay, but lost a couple of the top performers. Tichner is average at P. No proven PK, and the return game is one of the worst in the country.

QB-B+, Keller can be good, but has a penchant for turnovers against top teams and he is learning a new system. He had better play like he did against LSU and not get hurt because there are no notable experienced backups.

RB- B-, solid, no top level back, the Frosh. should add alot to the depth if as good as advertised

WR- B-, see "RB"

TE- D, If McNeil shows up and turns out to be a threat, he would raise this grade.

OL- B-, the best in Callahan's time, but most of these guys would be fighting for the backup roles on an average Osborne line.

DL-C+, Lost 4 starters from an average line last year. Suh will be All-conference material by the time he graduates, Turner has All-Amercan potential if he is used properly. This area is shaky enough for the staff to consider using a 3-4.

LB- B, solid but no big-time playmakers. Dillard and Brandenburg are solid backups.

SP-D+, coverage teams were okay, but lost a couple of the top performers. Tichner is average at P. No proven PK, and the return game is one of the worst in the country.

Very poor overview IMO. Grixby is our best CB? Try 3rd best if that! Whats your season prediction? By the looks of that garbage you can't be expecting us to have a winning record. <_<

WR- B-, see "RB"

Very poor overview IMO. Grixby is our best CB? Try 3rd best if that! Whats your season prediction? By the looks of that garbage you can't be expecting us to have a winning record. <_<

It's too early to tell. I would chalk up 2 losses (USC and Texas) and 3 wins (Ball St, ISU, and Nevada). The rest are all tossups as of now. I would have to wait and see how each team plays and how we play to make any more predictions.

WR- B-, see "RB"

It's too early to tell. I would chalk up 2 losses (USC and Texas) and 3 wins (Ball St, ISU, and Nevada). The rest are all tossups as of now. I would have to wait and see how each team plays and how we play to make any more predictions.

I'm sorry you feel that way. Have fun watching the Huskers play this season... :wacko:

I would think if grixby continues to play like he dd last year we will see murillo replace him before thenarse

I think Murillo is just flying under the radar. I think he will be the man before the end of the season and be a lock down type of guy.

I think Murillo is just flying under the radar. I think he will be the man before the end of the season and be a lock down type of guy.

so no one else agrees with me that Thenarse should be a starting CB?

so no one else agrees with me that Thenarse should be a starting CB?

I dont care how he gets on the field as long as he does. I think he should start there next year. Murrillo and Thenarse at corner, and Asante and Culbert at safety......Lots of heads gettin busted with that group......Awesome! (next year)