Now Mark May gives Nebraska a little credit...

The "Fun 'n Gun" never had a chance as Nebraska rolled to an emphatic 62-24 win over the Gators. Nebraska's famed "Blackshirt" defense had seven sacks and allowed just 269 total yards. Heisman runner-up Frazier ran for 199 yards and accounted for three touchdowns.

It warms my heart just thinking about that game, and Spurrier on the sidelines. I though Spurrier was going to stretch his rubbery face right off his head. :)

Have you guy's heard that USC's team is the best in college football history? :sarcasm

They aren't???

No. 1 Seed: 1995 Nebraska Cornhuskers

The 1971 Cornhuskers played in the Game of the Century, but the 1995 Cornhuskers don't take a backseat to anyone, not even the fabled '71 team.

Talent was everywhere on the '95 team with Tommie Frazier, Jared Tomich, Ahman Green, Lawrence Phillips, Aaron Taylor, Tyrone Williams, Mike Minter, Jamel Williams and Grant Wistrom, just to name a few.

In the regular season, Nebraska beat three top-10 opponents and outscored the opposition by 38.8 points and 262.2 yards per game. Still, the defending national champion Huskers kept hearing about Florida and the offensive wizardry of Steve Spurrier. It was to be a Fiesta Bowl for the ages. It became that, but for a much different reason.

The "Fun 'n Gun" never had a chance as Nebraska rolled to an emphatic 62-24 win over the Gators. Nebraska's famed "Blackshirt" defense had seven sacks and allowed just 269 total yards. Heisman runner-up Frazier ran for 199 yards and accounted for three touchdowns.

In becoming the first repeat champion since the 1978-79 Alabama squads, Nebraska also set a mark for the largest margin of victory by a No. 1-ranked team in a bowl game, recorded the second-biggest blowout ever by a No. 1-ranked team over a No. 2 team and scored the most points ever by a No. 1 team against another top-10 team.

Is that dominating enough for you?

1995 Nebraska Schedule/Results

Date Vs. Result

Aug. 31 at Oklahoma 64-21 W

Sept. 9 at Michigan St. 50-10 W

Sept. 16 vs. Arizona St. 77-28 W

Sept. 23 vs. Pacific 49-7 W

Sept. 30 vs. Washington St. 35-21 W

Oct. 14 vs. Missouri 57-0

Oct. 21 vs. Kansas St. (8) 49-25 W

Oct. 28 at Colorado (7) 44-21 W

Nov. 4 vs. Iowa State 73-14 W

Nov. 11 at Kansas (10) 41-3 W

Nov. 24 vs. Oklahoma 37-0 W

Jan. 2 vs. Florida (2) in Tostitos Bowl 62-24 W

I put a :sarcasm at the end of my post. I guess you didn't see that. :dunno

This probably doesn't go here but since the thread was about someone from ESPN, I read this off of the CFN website...

If he hasn’t already, Lee Corso will officially jump the shark with his antics this fall. It was fun for awhile, but am I the only person that’s gotten really tired of his shtick? Kirk Herbstreit, meanwhile, will continue to be the most rock-solid, informative broadcaster in all of college football.