ESPN's "expert" predictions

jake sharp from salina, ks might actually surprise a few this year, if he can handle the pounding. extremely fast, i mean, fast...especially for a white boy.

and will run through a wall. but he might be their only home run threat on offense so it won't matter.

jake sharp from salina, ks might actually surprise a few this year, if he can handle the pounding. extremely fast, i mean, fast...especially for a white boy.

and will run through a wall. but he might be their only home run threat on offense so it won't matter.

Ya Sharp set the 5 or 6A rushing record in KS, he will actually be pretty good, but KU wont even win thier state let alone the north division!

I didn't mean to disrespect Jake Sharpe. He was a hell of a RB for Salina Central that is a burner. I was talking more about his height/weight, not skill level. Like you said, can he take the pounding every Saturday for 12-14 weeks. I'm just having a hard time seeing him running into Suh, Steinkuhler, Barfield, Turner, Octavian, Dillard, Ruud, etc, etc. We'll see.

I really don't care because they will all be backpeddling like crazy when we do win the damn conference!!!! I don't need some experts to make me feel good about my team. Screw em!!!!

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!

They aren't even experts! It's just a title so they can make tons of money to make the same predictions that normal people like you and me make. Its all just opinions! I wish I could get paid ass loads of money for people to hear my opinion! Bandwagon Bastards!!!

I could see K-State as a dark horse, but KU??? Somebody's been hitting the crack pipe.

HOw about the one dude picking OU to play for the BCS title championship!! WTF

Never underestimate Visor Bob.

KSU a darkhorse? KU spanked that ____ last year 39-20. No way the Kitty Cats win more than 6 games.

My Hawks are gettin some love baby!! Hawks take the north! Yeah!! See you in November Husker nation. You better pack a lunch cause it's gonna be a day full of Reesing to Fields baby! Remember what happend last time you bugeaters visited? 40-15. Ring any bells??? beuller? beuller?

Early prediction: KU 41 NU 27

LMAO! Yeah!

:cheers

I live way down south on the Oklahoma/Kansas state line, so as you can imagine I'm in Sooner Country. I've talked to some guys that have drove down and watched some practices and they are saying (along with the coaches on the OU staff) that this 2007 defense Oklahoma has is by far the fastest, nastiest, and hardest hitting defense Stoops has had! All they need is a QB that can manage the game and they will be fine. So, with that said I believe the Sooners will capture the South again and meet the Huskers again for the title. I think Cally has the talent in place to win this thing THIS YEAR. As far as Kansas - No way! Again, down here in Kansas I read up on them and they are not as talented as the past couple years. There is a possibilty of starting this Salina, KS kid at RB. He's pretty fast but, my goodness he's only 5'10 and weighs 185 lbs. Also, the QB name escapes me but I saw a picture of him in the Wichita Eagle yesterday and honestly he's 5'10 and 185 lbs that Mangino says is "athletic and is improving as a thrower". Not good. The sports talk radio shows were also talking about the QB's size and how the talent seems to be down. So this ESPN dude picking the Jayhawks is an absolute joke! It's Huskers and Sooners........again. :bonez

Oh yeah KS Husker, you're obviosly a KU expert and we should all trust your opinion, yet you don't know who KU's QB is? Give me a break! KU is MORE TALENTED this year and will sneak up on some teams in the North. Will they win it, no. Good god. I'm a KU fan and I'll admit that. I don't have blinders on. I just like to pop off at Husker nation on here and get them all rilled up...seems to be rather easy to do considering our last 3 meetings.

Anywho, KU has 14 players returning on defense that started at least 4 games last year. Our backers will be nasty. Our top 2 tacklers Joe Mortenson and Mike Rivera are back. The secondary lead by Aqib Talib will be greatly improved. Our FS Darrel Stuckey is now 100% and will be at least honorable mention by seasons end, and James McClinton is ranked the 7th best DL in the country according to ESPN. His play at Defensive Tackle has been remarkable.

Jake Sharp is now 195lbs and should be a go for 15-20 carries a game. They won't have to run him into the ground because there is some serious talent right behind him. He will be helped by a stable of solid running backs. Angus Quigley (Who had the lead over Jon Cornish for the starting job last year) is back from a quad injury that sidelined him for the entire year last year, And Brandon McAnderson is a good fullback and a dependable 3rd down back. The receivers are as experienced as ever with their leading reciever Dexton Fields, Marcus Henry, and Marcus Hereford. True freshman Dezmon Briscoe is battling for time and early indications are that he will not redshirt.

As for QB, your Husker secondary will get to know him real quick. He only broke every 4A passing record in the state of Texas while in high school, and the only reason Mack Brown didn't recruit him for UT is because he felt he was too small at 5'10. Big mistake. Early indications are that he is beating out Kerry Meir.

There, now you know why KU is considered a darkhorse.

I could see K-State as a dark horse, but KU??? Somebody's been hitting the crack pipe.

KSU a darkhorse? KU spanked that ____ last year 39-20. No way the Kitty Cats win more than 6 games.

My Hawks are gettin some love baby!! Hawks take the north! Yeah!! See you in November Husker nation. You better pack a lunch cause it's gonna be a day full of Reesing to Fields baby! Remember what happend last time you bugeaters visited? 40-15. Ring any bells??? beuller? beuller?

LMAO! Yeah!

You don't actually believe that, right? You're just stirring sh#t up?

If KU beats us but two touchdowns I will mail my right testicle to the KU med center as a donated specimen for research.

LMAO! Yeah!

If KU beats us but two touchdowns I will mail my right testicle to the KU med center as a donated specimen for research.

WOW. That sounds like a great deal for the KU MED Center. Go ahead and mail it now, actually, go ahead and send both. Oh wait, you already mailed me your left one from the 2005 beatdown in Lawrence. LOL. Nevermind. I'm a little surprised you still have the gurrrr.... to beat again. Thanks.

LMAO! Yeah!

WOW. That sounds like a great deal for the KU MED Center. Go ahead and mail it now, actually, go ahead and send both. Oh wait, you already mailed me your left one from the 2005 beatdown in Lawrence. LOL. Nevermind. I'm a little surprised you still have the gurrrr.... to beat again. Thanks.

I just hope you get your sh#t-talking all taken care of in the pre-season, because that's the only chance you chickenhawks get all year. After the games are played you rarely have anything to say.

mangino_t450.jpg

:ahhhhhhhh:ahhhhhhhh:ahhhhhhhh:ahhhhhhhh:ahhhhhhhh

Seriously, does Kansas even have ANYTHING going for them this year that they might even have a CHANCE of winning the North?

They have a semi favorable schedule in that they don't play either OU or UT (not TTU either i think). Some say that this gives them the inside track.

I would point out however, that they didn't play those teams last year and still only managed a 3-5 record. This year they have to improve upon that while going on the road to OSU and A&M. Given KU's talent level, i would argue it's not much better playing in Stillwater and College Station vs Norman and Austin.

LMAO! Yeah!

This kind of like one of those small guys whos feels the need to talk big to make up for their short comings. As soon as KU does something significant (like beating us more than one time in the last 35 or so) then they may start talking. Just because ONE, (count them) ONE mindless ESPN guy picks Kansas, does not mean they have won it yet. So calm down the unbacked banter, you just seem silly. KU has not done anything substantial in the past and won't in the near future. I respect the team, but bring it back to reality.

LMAO! Yeah!

Why don't you just stick to what you know, like basketball?

Took the words right out of mouth Captian Obvious. Hawks beat us for the first time in 35 years and he's talkin crap. Please, don't turn into a K-State Football Fan, PLEASE! All the KU fans that I know are level headed about their program. We all know about the KSU Kitty Cat fans. Jesus, honestly there are some in this area that don't grasp how bad Kansas St. was and really think that their program is right up there with USC, Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio St., Nebraska, etc.

I also did not say I was an "expert" on KU Football as you mentioned. I pay attention a little because I really do pull for the Hawks, except for one weekend in the fall. Go Big Red! :bonez

Took the words right out of mouth Captian Obvious. Hawks beat us for the first time in 35 years and he's talkin crap. Please, don't turn into a K-State Football Fan, PLEASE! All the KU fans that I know are level headed about their program. We all know about the KSU Kitty Cat fans. Jesus, honestly there are some in this area that don't grasp how bad Kansas St. was and really think that their program is right up there with USC, Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio St., Nebraska, etc.

I also did not say I was an "expert" on KU Football as you mentioned. I pay attention a little because I really do pull for the Hawks, except for one weekend in the fall. Go Big Red! :bonez

I called you an expert because you predicted that KU had LESS talent this year, and then went on to explain why Todd McShay and his pick is bad, even though you didn't know the name of the KU QB you were talking about and you have NO IDEA about the players KU has back.

I've been kind to most husker fans on this board for the last year now, but seriously, there is a reason no experts picked NU to win the Big 12. You guys aren't as close to being "back" as you think. If you are, please explain why KU embarrassed you in 2005, then went to Lincoln last year and almost beat you guys in OT! On your own field!!! How are you going to come into our house and beat us? I'm confident because we saw what happend last year. KU was a double digit dog on the road against you guys, and heck, we played our 2nd string QB against you!!!! Barman was NOT OUR STARTER!

I hate to go off on you guys like this, but you guys brought it on yourself with all of the KU cracks. My invitation to tailgate with you guys is off the table. See you in Lawrence, and I hope you over look us like you have the last 2 years.

:boxosoap