ESPN at it AGAIN!!!

Mark May is the most anti Nebraska analyst ever. College Football Live had a whole feature on Nebraska, mostly talked about Keller and the QB battle. Every single time they asked May anything on Nebraska he turned it around and made it as negative as possible.

examples of what he said:

Q: Do you think with how good Sam Keller has proven to be in college is Nebraska a bit underrated?

May: No I would actually say they are overrated. They have proven they can't beat any top 10 teams and only have beat 1 top 25 team.

Robert Smith: Well it's not Callahan's fault Nunn fumbled the ball a year ago.

May: Yes it is, it all comes down the coaching my friend.

Heres another example...

Q: What would you grade Callahan's job that he has done in his 3-4 years at Nebraska?

Robert Smith- I would say B- just because of the fact they haven't beat a lot of the top teams they have faced, but they did make the Big XII Championship and you can see things are changing there after that drastic transition.

May- WHAT? Are you kidding me? He hasn't led them to anything there. The Big XII Championship come on.

Q: Well how would things change if Nebraska could break through and win the Big XII this year?

Robert Smith: I would bump it up to a A for sure

May: a A? No way you could say he has been that great.

:asshat

At least Robert Smith has a decent head on his shoulders. I don't expect anyone to praise us, but at least give us some respect and don't just keep saying "USC will roll them in Lincoln" or "Theres no way I can see Nebraska breaking through and making a BCS game"

On the side note they should just reconsider all their "analyst" they had Lou Holtz on SportsCenter and he said Notre Dame will be in the top 10 at the end of the season. Adding that they aren't rebuilding they reloaded.

Mark May is a turd and is wrong a lot more than he is right. He thinks it's hilarious when people point out how wrong he was about stuff in the past. He's a f'ing clownshoe and no one has any respect for him. If he is right about the Huskers this season, it would probably be the first time he has been right about anything.

On College Football Live today there was a question about the QB situation about if it matters who the QB is, will Nebraska still win. The hosts (all of them) said "Marlon Lucky is no Brandon Jackson", among other things.... I just caught the tail end of it. Anyone else see this??

just when I thought Robert Smith was alright this happened....

Nebraska won the poll for the best chance of making the BCS out of 5 teams (Iowa, S. Florida, UCLA, and someone else) and then they said this.

May: A lot of people with free time in Nebraska

Smith: They have Internet there?

On College Football Live today there was a question about the QB situation about if it matters who the QB is, will Nebraska still win. The hosts (all of them) said "Marlon Lucky is no Brandon Jackson", among other things.... I just caught the tail end of it. Anyone else see this??

I saw the whole thing. I'd have titled this post Mark May: The Saga Continues. It was nothing but one knock after the next about Nebraska. They absolutely gave no credit to anyone from the coaching staff on down. Mark May has become my enemy; my face is set against him. That whore beats off to pictures of John David Booty. They're talking about giving that schmuck the Heisman? Are you kidding me? WHAT IN THE HELL FOR? He's a crybaby!

My God, I cannot wait to watch our players unleash their frustrations on Wake, SC, Texas, Mizzery; all this offseason disrespect will be repaid in points, sacks, and Ws. I cannot believe that May thinks Nebraska is OVERrated in the preseason polls. Are you out of your f'ing MIND?

I never realized that ESPN had such poor quality research going into their programming. For heaven sake, get somebody on there that knows something before a blood vessel bursts in my brain. The only team May as any affection for is SC. I hope we kill those lousy Condom bastards by the bushel.

:bonez And USC must be razed to the ground. :bonez

Damn, I wish I'd have watched it

No, in thirty years when you aren't having a stroke like me you'll be happy you missed it. This was perhaps the singularly most unprofessional, unresearched bunch of SC-worshipping bullsh#t I've heard in years. They make no mention of the fact that second-tier teams rountinely bust those turf-munching Jezebels in the mouth. From the tone of their telecast, you'd assume that Nebraska hasn't even managed to recruit anyone. They make no mention of anything but losses, and even then they neglect to mention that we actually won the Texas game, save for a fumble, and outplayed Auburn. And we smacked Mizzery upside the head as well.

Soon...very soon and Keller will be putting much of this right. I don't expect that moron May to have anything but bile to spew about it, but God willing at the end of this season we'll have enough Ws over top ten teams to prove it.

Damn, I wish I'd have watched it

No, in thirty years when you aren't having a stroke like me you'll be happy you missed it. This was perhaps the singularly most unprofessional, unresearched bunch of SC-worshipping bullsh#t I've heard in years. They make no mention of the fact that second-tier teams rountinely bust those turf-munching Jezebels in the mouth. From the tone of their telecast, you'd assume that Nebraska hasn't even managed to recruit anyone. They make no mention of anything but losses, and even then they neglect to mention that we actually won the Texas game, save for a fumble, and outplayed Auburn. And we smacked Mizzery upside the head as well.

Soon...very soon and Keller will be putting much of this right. I don't expect that moron May to have anything but bile to spew about it, but God willing at the end of this season we'll have enough Ws over top ten teams to prove it.

I strongly agree.....dude if we won the National Championship he would still be like, "There season was all LUCK wins and they are still overrated!" I just want to uppercut a punkass!

the thing that frustrates me is that analysts are not supposed to inject much, if any, emotion into their prognosis. however, it seems May does that all the time. not only with dissing NU. he does it for other players he has a hard-on for.

if there is a little hype about someone or a negative opinion out there, it's like it gets him all giddy and he just jumps on some bandwagon.

during the segment he talks about keller not playing since oct of 05', and emotionally drains himself with his FEELING of how sam will play. instead, he should have said, "it will be interesting to see how Keller plays and shakes off the rust. but given his past performances and numbers, combined with Callahan's offense, it could be exciting. remeber, Big XII fans, Zac Taylor was the offensive player of the year and by all accounts; Keller has more tools." now THAT sounds like an analysis based on fact not feeling.

besides that, he didn't really answer the question--he started dogging Cally instead of giving his take on the team and the QB race. normally i don't get upset about this crap at all, but May just keeps sliding further and further down as an analyst who doesn't really "report." he just gives his emoted opinion. at least when Holz or Trev was there they provided balance. :box

May is a dumbass, but I have pointed out a couple of times that this is the image of Nebraska nationally. Most people have laughed at what we have done in the past 4 years. Someone called me out for posting links to people saying this type of stuff.

1. I'm not going to search the internet for podcast of TV and radio shows. Anyone can listen on their own time just like I do.

2. I don't have to you guys do it for me. About every other day there is post on this board about some media member saying something similar to this, followed up by about 50 posts by Husker fans calling the guy an idiot and an asshat.

Time will tell who is right.