Blackshirts stink

Hopefully, we are putting eight guys in the box. I would rather have them beat us in the air than beat us on the ground. We are going to need a complete game from everyone next weekend if we are going to come out victorious.

seems like we do well if we blitz but often times we play 7 yards off if we blitz which is stupid.

I agree, but we need to mix it up and become unpredictable on defense. Show blitz some times and only rush three or four, and then show zone and come with six or seven guys. It seems to me that Cosgrove tips off what defense he is running about 90% of the time. It is hard to be successful when the offense knows what he is going to run.

All I know is the Blackshirts blew in 2002 and Pelini came in and fired them up. Yes they had some letdowns late against KSU and Missouri when the offense couldn't get anything going and they were on the field the whole game. Texas was just a disaster, but those things happen. So Pelini comes in and gets things turned around and now he's gone. Wisconsin, on the other hand, totally sucked on defense last year, giving up over 350 yards per game under Cosgrove. They were 44th in total defense and 50th in scoring defense. Now that he's at Nebraska, Wisconsin is 3rd and 1st in defense. Nebraska under Pelini was 11th in total defense and 2nd in scoring defense. For people who seem to talk a lot about the supposed "direction" of the program, it seems odd for Callahan and Pedersen to remove Pelini in favor of Cosgrove.

Stop talking about a lack of talent or players not giving it their all. Cosgrove blows and everyone knows it. Maybe the players aren't trying as hard as they should, but coaching the mediocre coaching and failure to motivate the players has to be considered.

Some people need to realize that Bo was not going to stay here unless he was the head coach. He was not going to stay on and be Callahan's D-coordinator the way that the hiring went down. Peterson didn't give him a real chance at being our head coach and he was fed up with the hiring.

Thats true. Bo should of been head coach if he wanted to fire solich.

He would show a lot more emotion that what callahan is showing on the sideline now.

It's pretty evident what kind of coach was going to be after he rallied the troops and got them ready to play in the bowl game and play rather well. He had them at their best. Callahan has us at our worst.

Don't blame this on the coaching.  The front four stink the linebackers stink and the db's can't cover anybody.  Sievers and Bradley should have to pay the university their schloarship money back.  I know it's early but come on.  Two drives with no trouble moving the ball stop the bleeding now or it's going to be a long day.

They didn't stink to bad last year with pelini.

Texas, Kansas St, and Mizzouri bring back any memories

THey might have lost to big names like KSU,OU, and UT but I think that I would take loosing to Texas over TExas tech..... That and loosing by 60 still kinda sticks out to the brilliant D coaching by Cos.... where is the D ranked this year vs last year? its basically the same unit

Don't blame this on the coaching.  The front four stink the linebackers stink and the db's can't cover anybody.  Sievers and Bradley should have to pay the university their schloarship money back.  I know it's early but come on.  Two drives with no trouble moving the ball stop the bleeding now or it's going to be a long day.

They didn't stink to bad last year with pelini.

Texas, Kansas St, and Mizzouri bring back any memories

THey might have lost to big names like KSU,OU, and UT but I think that I would take loosing to Texas over TExas tech..... That and loosing by 60 still kinda sticks out to the brilliant D coaching by Cos.... where is the D ranked this year vs last year? its basically the same unit

Minus three guys in NFL and the third leading tackler. Other then that they are basically the same unit. :wacko:

Don't blame this on the coaching. The front four stink the linebackers stink and the db's can't cover anybody. Sievers and Bradley should have to pay the university their schloarship money back. I know it's early but come on. Two drives with no trouble moving the ball stop the bleeding now or it's going to be a long day.

You cant expect a db to stay with a wr all day, some pressure has to be placed on the QB so that he doesnt have all day to throw the ball... And with the sets cos has them in its all on the DB to do what no one can do I dont care how good you are, if you leave a qb in the pocket for enough time someone is going to be open.

Don't blame this on the coaching. The front four stink the linebackers stink and the db's can't cover anybody. Sievers and Bradley should have to pay the university their schloarship money back. I know it's early but come on. Two drives with no trouble moving the ball stop the bleeding now or it's going to be a long day.

Our DBs are fine, and alot of the backfield will go pro if not all, hard to say they suck when you have that kind of talent in the back field