A complete meltdown

Redout

Cotton was brought in so the offense wouldn't change much. Solich still had his hand in all the calls. Solich maybe should of looked in the mirror after the 7-7 season and left with the rest of those guys. I hear what your saying about those guys getting old and not being able to recruit. What was Frankies excuse then. The skilled postions fell when Frank brought the kids in.

I dunno, I tend to think ross is pretty good actually. Alexander had a good chance to be good but never was quite the same. Buchalter is in the pros. Our wr's are better now then they ever have been. Our qb position had a heisman trophey in crouch and then i guess fell off some but lord wasn't as bad as people made out to be. A guy by the name of carl crawford would have been a star but went to mlb. Dukes was highly rated but didn't pan out. Dt Mcdowell was coming for this year but changed his mind with new coaches and he is starting at troy as a freshman now. Dailey looked good his freshman year.

Ross, Lord, and Dukes were Solich guys the other three were TO. Yeah I can't believe Crawford would choose being a MLB all star instead of an Option QB.

So was dailey. Yes crawford made the right decision however that didn't help us. Dukes was a big time recruit and just sucked it up. Thats why alot of people go nuts over thise big recruits bill is getting well half of them will blow.

I still don't buy all this talk that our talent is so much lower than it ever was before. And I still think Dailey would have been an absolute star in a Cotton/Solich offense. I think Frank did everything he could to save his job after a 7-7 year, but the one thing I do criticize him for is sticking with Lord too long. Lord was a great athlete but I can't remember a Husker QB making poorer decisions than him. Except maybe this year, but I don't put that all on Dailey. I think Lord would have made a much better tailback than quarterback.

I still don't buy all this talk that our talent is so much lower than it ever was before. And I still think Dailey would have been an absolute star in a Cotton/Solich offense. I think Frank did everything he could to save his job after a 7-7 year, but the one thing I do criticize him for is sticking with Lord too long. Lord was a great athlete but I can't remember a Husker QB making poorer decisions than him. Except maybe this year, but I don't put that all on Dailey. I think Lord would have made a much better tailback than quarterback.

very good comments, I agree. Like I have said we have had more talent then anyone we have played so far. 4-3 to show for it.

I'm with you. Before Solich was fired, I was thinking we had a real shot to make a run at the title this year. Our defense was on fire but just needed to show a little more consistency in the biggest games, and the offense was going to be reminiscent of '99 (minus the fumbles) with Dailey and Ross running the option.

I still don't buy all this talk that our talent is so much lower than it ever was before.  And I still think Dailey would have been an absolute star in a Cotton/Solich offense.  I think Frank did everything he could to save his job after a 7-7 year, but the one thing I do criticize him for is sticking with Lord too long.  Lord was a great athlete but I can't remember a Husker QB making poorer decisions than him.  Except maybe this year, but I don't put that all on Dailey.  I think Lord would have made a much better tailback than quarterback.

very good comments, I agree. Like I have said we have had more talent then anyone we have played so far. 4-3 to show for it.

i agree and disagree. youre right that we dont have any less talent than we evr did. yur wrong that we have mor talent than any of our oppnents so far this yr. i keep hearin everyone say "when we get more talent we will compete again" hogwash. TOs teams were always known for doing more with less than a florida marlins world series team. its about coaching, heart, facilities, then talent. but since we no longer have an edge over other teams with the first 3, yeh i guess we will need to rely on that "texas" type talent to give us a punchers chance ata natty title each yr. but you see where that has gotten texas. we are now the mike tyson of college footbll. everyone knows we have a chance to land that knock out blow and be great agin, but Im afraid thats all we have nows days, a punchers chance. :box:rickjames:(

Sorry but Dailey is no Crouch.  I would have to say Tech and K-State both had more speed then we did.  talent who knows but you can't teach speed.

I disagree.

What do you disagree with? If you actually thiink Dailey is as good as Crouch you crazy. :wacko: As far as the speed comment I guess the linebackers and db's just wanted to give Texas Tech a head start. Their receivers blew us away.

Sorry but Dailey is no Crouch.  I would have to say Tech and K-State both had more speed then we did.  talent who knows but you can't teach speed.

I disagree.

What do you disagree with? If you actually thiink Dailey is as good as Crouch you crazy. :wacko: As far as the speed comment I guess the linebackers and db's just wanted to give Texas Tech a head start. Their receivers blew us away.

Our wr's and tight ends are just as fast if not faster than texas techs and their defense is no faster than us. Your forgetting that we were suppose to have one of the best secondaries in the country. If coach would play the right linebackers that would help their speed. We have more talent and speed then either of them teams. They are just more effective and better coached imo.

I don't think that I would say that our recievers are as fast as theirs. Fluellen could keep up and maybe Herian but I don't see Pilkington, Leflore, Nunn, or Mulkey keeping up with the likes of Henderson, Hicks, Glover, or Haverty. Both Henderson and Hicks run for the Tech track team and placed in conference last year. I don't think that our recievers would even come close.

I don't think that I would say that our recievers are as fast as theirs. Fluellen could keep up and maybe Herian but I don't see Pilkington, Leflore, Nunn, or Mulkey keeping up with the likes of Henderson, Hicks, Glover, or Haverty. Both Henderson and Hicks run for the Tech track team and placed in conference last year. I don't think that our recievers would even come close.

Leflore,amos, nunn, and fluellen are burners. Most of ttechs wr's are white if that tells you anything.