Callahan looking more and more flustered

DaveH

It seems like ever since the Texas Tech loss, he has been getting more and more pissed at post game press conferences after a loss. To me, this is a first. This one in particular he was exceptionally not happy. You could see it in his face and his tone in answering questions. He said himself that you don't come to Nebraska for a honeymoon. Now it seems like he is feeling that statement.

I wonder what he said in the locker room after the game? Anyone else catch the post game conference or have any input on this?

I think he realizes that the Husker Nation is football savy, and we will not be fooled with B.S. answers. I also think that he as a coach is beginning to understand that the talent level is not where it needs to be to run this type of offense. He needs to adjust his game plans to what our team is capable of doing.

I am sure that he is getting frustrated with the mental errors and the lack of execution. These kids did know the basics of offense and defense and it is the coaches job to refine their skills to match his plans to a point.

In a couple of years he will have the talent to be able to overcome a few mistakes and score at will with his offense, but untill then I think we may see a more animated coach, which may be a good thing. :bounce

GO HUSKERS!!!!

Oh the hell with that. He's just trying to act as though it's all his fault. He's just trying to stick up for his players so that they don't lose complete confidence in themselves.

The team played like crap. Defense sucked. Offense can't move the ball.

We made a couple points in that direction. As far as its the plkayers fault. He said something like, We need to tackle better, we put them in posiiton and our players need to make plays.

I think he realizes that the Husker Nation is football savy, and we will not be fooled with B.S. answers. I also think that he as a coach is beginning to understand that the talent level is not where it needs to be to run this type of offense. He needs to adjust his game plans to what our team is capable of doing.

I am sure that he is getting frustrated with the mental errors and the lack of execution. These kids did know the basics of offense and defense and it is the coaches job to refine their skills to match his plans to a point.

In a couple of years he will have the talent to be able to overcome a few mistakes and score at will with his offense, but untill then I think we may see a more animated coach, which may be a good thing. :bounce

GO HUSKERS!!!!

Great Idea lets wait 4 to 6 years to make it to a bowl (any bowl) then have to start over and wait another 4 to 6 years to go to another bowl... The WCO is a joke, Callahan has a talent for taking teams with winning records and turning them into a loosing team, look at the raiders

Oh the hell with that. He's just trying to act as though it's all his fault. He's just trying to stick up for his players so that they don't lose complete confidence in themselves.

The team played like crap. Defense sucked. Offense can't move the ball.

We made a couple points in that direction. As far as its the plkayers fault. He said something like, We need to tackle better, we put them in posiiton and our players need to make plays.

You cant put this all on the players, they are only doing as the coaching staff tells them, and im not sure that the coaching staff knows what they are doing.

Oh the hell with that.  He's just trying to act as though it's all his fault.  He's just trying to stick up for his players so that they don't lose complete confidence in themselves. 

The team played like crap.  Defense sucked.  Offense can't move the ball.

We made a couple points in that direction.  As far as its the plkayers fault.  He said something like, We need to tackle better, we put them in posiiton and our players need to make plays.

You cant put this all on the players, they are only doing as the coaching staff tells them, and im not sure that the coaching staff knows what they are doing.

Believe it or not, players are not simply robots who are programmed by the coaches. Have you every played any sport? I believe if you had, you would know that.