Heading to Wake Forest

nepolo7

Anyone have a scouting report on bars or tailgating or anything at Wake Forest. Any info would be great.

We live in Georgia and will be traveling by RV. We also are trying to find an area to tailgate in the Coliseum

parking lot. Also trying to find where other RV's are going to stay in Winston Salem. We will be there Frdiday night..

Wake parking

Those of us without season parking passes - in other words, all of us - will be across the street from the stadium in the Lawrence Joel Veteran Memorial Coliseum parking lot.

The group from Maryland will be in Greensboro Friday night downtown, around the Mariott hotel (our HQ). Then we will be tailgating in this parking lot early Saturday. Look for the full size Dodge pickup (RED, of course), with the "margarator" - the battery operated margarita machine in the back

Anyone have a scouting report on bars or tailgating or anything at Wake Forest. Any info would be great.

Wake fan here. I enjoyed my trip to Lincoln in 2005 for the NU-WF game and I'm hoping that all Husker fans will have as an enjoyable time in Winston-Salem.

A few things to consider.

W-S is not a college town. Wake has only 4,000 undergrads, so it doesn't dominate the city. Larger state universities UNC and NC State and Appalachian State are all within 120 miles of Winston, and East Carolina is another large state school with lots of fans. Duke is also close by in Durham. You will more likely find more fans of schools other than Wake in Winston on any given day.

If you have a chance, go by the campus. It's only a mile from the stadium and is a beautiful place.

Downtown has some bars and a micro-brewery (Foothills). Burke Street is close by and is the closest thing we have to a bar section of town.

Groves Stadium is undergoing some major renovations. These won't be completed until after the season, so you'll see alot of temporary disruptions around the stadium. It's too bad you won't be able to see the finished product, but this construction will cause many problems regarding parking. The stadium is definitely small by all measures (31.5k), but don't think we aren't used to having many opponents fans at the games. Clemson, NC State, UNC and Va. Tech bring huge crowds to Winston. The stadium is in a complex that includes the basketball arena and the local minor league park and much of the general parking is at the basketball arena parking lot.

I think you will find the Wake fans friendly. We may be small in numbers but we are dedicated. Safe travels.

^ Good luck to you guys on Saturday. Looking forward to a well played game by both teams.

Thanks. I hope we make a better showing against NU than last time. In Lincoln, the Deacs had a "deer in the headlights" look about them. Following our success of last year which included games in the ACC championship game and the Orange Bowl, I think we have a little more big game experience. Unfortunately, our QB will be making the first start of his career. I may be wrong, but I look for a big effort by Wake.

Wake fan here. I enjoyed my trip to Lincoln in 2005 for the NU-WF game and I'm hoping that all Husker fans will have as an enjoyable time in Winston-Salem.

A few things to consider.

W-S is not a college town. Wake has only 4,000 undergrads, so it doesn't dominate the city. Larger state universities UNC and NC State and Appalachian State are all within 120 miles of Winston, and East Carolina is another large state school with lots of fans. Duke is also close by in Durham. You will more likely find more fans of schools other than Wake in Winston on any given day.

If you have a chance, go by the campus. It's only a mile from the stadium and is a beautiful place.

Downtown has some bars and a micro-brewery (Foothills). Burke Street is close by and is the closest thing we have to a bar section of town.

Groves Stadium is undergoing some major renovations. These won't be completed until after the season, so you'll see alot of temporary disruptions around the stadium. It's too bad you won't be able to see the finished product, but this construction will cause many problems regarding parking. The stadium is definitely small by all measures (31.5k), but don't think we aren't used to having many opponents fans at the games. Clemson, NC State, UNC and Va. Tech bring huge crowds to Winston. The stadium is in a complex that includes the basketball arena and the local minor league park and much of the general parking is at the basketball arena parking lot.

I think you will find the Wake fans friendly. We may be small in numbers but we are dedicated. Safe travels.

Thanks for the info. We gonna paint the town red :w00t