USC Practicing In Noise

huskerguy

It's going to be my personal mission to make sure that everyone in my section will be yelling their butts off for the USC game. If anyone leaves the USC game without being hoarse for the next two days, then you are not a real Husker fan. There is no doubt in my mind that a rockin' Memorial Stadium can be worth 10-14 points. Blue hairs stay home....this game will not be for the faint of heart!!!!!!

Honestly, thats not much of a surprise. And dont think that a loud stadium is going to be the deciding factor in that game. We have to come out swinging, no playing it safe like last year. We have the weapons to make this a good game, but if we show up and run it up the gut play after play we are going to get embarressed, their defense is just to good. :bonez

I am new to the board and am very impressed with the lack of opponent team bashing. You folks are a breath of fresh air. I also visit Texas, USC, Ohio State and LSU message boards and Nebraska has more class that any I have been in. The thread is "noise" and I have not been to a Husker game but have attended games in Texas, LSU, Ohio State, USC and Oklahoma. The loudest I have heard is LSU on a Saturday night. 90,000 Cajuns can really whoop it up. Thanks for the great football talk and I'll be around...... WooooooooPig

I am new to the board and am very impressed with the lack of opponent team bashing. You folks are a breath of fresh air. I also visit Texas, USC, Ohio State and LSU message boards and Nebraska has more class that any I have been in. The thread is "noise" and I have not been to a Husker game but have attended games in Texas, LSU, Ohio State, USC and Oklahoma. The loudest I have heard is LSU on a Saturday night. 90,000 Cajuns can really whoop it up. Thanks for the great football talk and I'll be around...... WooooooooPig

Welcome to the board and it's nice to get an outsiders perspective on things. Stick around for some good discussions. :thumbs

So what sort of things do the Trojan "faithful for now" say about the huskers?

I follow almost every board about Trojan football. They do not say anything really bad about Nebraska they mostly talk down about UCLA and Notre Dame. The real problem is that a lot of USC haters sign up on these boards and constantly talk. Its never ending and really ruins the message boards. I completely agree with the new comers post, its nice to talk about football today instead of talking about OJ or how USC pays all there athletes or how all our athletes use steroids and drugs. It refreshing to actually hear about good old plain football without all the BS. Even though I see the poster above still love to speculate about all the BS. Who would you consider to be Nebraska's biggest rival? As a result of not really having any in state rivals, maybe there arent as many direct haters? I mean Texas has Oklahoma and Texas A&M, Kansas has Kansas State, would it be Missouri for you guys?

I follow almost every board about Trojan football. They do not say anything really bad about Nebraska they mostly talk down about UCLA and Notre Dame. The real problem is that a lot of USC haters sign up on these boards and constantly talk. Its never ending and really ruins the message boards. I completely agree with the new comers post, its nice to talk about football today instead of talking about OJ or how USC pays all there athletes or how all our athletes use steroids and drugs. It refreshing to actually hear about good old plain football without all the BS. Even though I see the poster above still love to speculate about all the BS. Who would you consider to be Nebraska's biggest rival? As a result of not really having any in state rivals, maybe there arent as many direct haters? I mean Texas has Oklahoma and Texas A&M, Kansas has Kansas State, would it be Missouri for you guys?

Hard to say. Our yearly rival, Oklahoma, was plucked away with the formation of the Big XII. We don't play them every year anymore.

Some might say Colorado - perhaps... since '96 it has usually been between NU and CU for the North, though not so much recently. Missou and K-state - meh. They gear up for us.

I would almost say it changes with the year.

For me, it's Texas. We're 1-6 vs. them since '96, 0-5 in the regular season with close calls in '98, '99, '02, and '05.

Nebraska has Espn as rivals...especially Mark May

"I just heard that in their off week USC will be practicing in the noise and how to handle it. Pete Carroll said something to the effect of "Nebraska is on of the most hostile environments in college football"

So to the obvious question of having this game at home being a huge advantage I think this shows it.

Any time you have the opponent concerned about the environment instead of the gameplan and other things in the off week is a huge advantage."

You are kind of missing the point. USC is practicing their game plan while having piped in noise. This is fairly common when a team travels to a loud stadium, and is mainly used in order for the QB to communicate with WR and backs, and the O-line in their blocking schemes.

Do you truly believe the coaching staff is not working on a game plan?