TCU to Upset UT

Johnny Crisco

I know it seems like the sweetheart upset to pick this week, but in my podcast this week (link in the sig) I'm picking TCU to upset UT. UT has questions at QB (I don't care how good Colt McCoy looked last year) and the UT defense looked suspect against a pathetic Arkansas State team, but the real key to a TCU win will be UT and Greg Davis' insistence on continuing to play conservatively. This is why they long had the perception of being unable to win the big game-- and they're going to be even more conservative this week after the "scare" from Arkansas State last week. TCU 21; UT 17.

Since the move to the WAC, TCU is 5-0 against the Big 12. They beat OU a few years ago in Norman. It would be an "upset" since they are the Vegas dawg, but it wouldnt be a major upset. The Horned Frogs were ranked #3 Nationally in defense last year and they returned 9 starters from the group. It should be a battle. UT may choke which can cost them against a good TCU team, or they may bring their A game and win.

I'm very looking forward to this game. Go FROGS!

My upset of the week(if you can call it that) is Washington over Boise St. Once again, Missouri is on upset watch playing at Ole Miss.

Washington over Boise St? I like your call! Fortunately for Washington they dont have to spend the first half getting used to blue turf since it's in Seattle. You were close last week with the Mizzou pick. Maybe you should do a weekly Upset pick thread?

I'm going with Oregon over Michigan. Especially because the Wolverines are 6 point favorites, at home, and terribly want to shut the world up with a big win. Upset - zing!