My Trip to Big Red of the Rockies

I took the drive from Colorado Springs to Estes Park yesterday (about 2 hours) and stopped by and bought some things at the new store. If you have not been there, you need to check it out. The new store is like the Taj Mahal compared to the broom closet that it used to be. It has about 1000 square feet compared to about 200 square feet at the old store.

Jesse Kosch is a hell of a guy and seems to be doing a good business deep in enemy territory. Along with the typical Husker Gear, Jesse has hand prints in concrete of some former players. ( Gilman, Holbein, Frost, Frasier, Rogers and one of his Foot) He has alot of autographed items and a few jerseys that were worn during the 70 71 championship season.

While there my wife and I each got a t-shirt, and my son got a t-shirt, football, a hat, and a mini-helmet that I had Jesse sign, and my wife took a picture of me, Jesse and my son.

Afterwards we drove up to the Rocky Mountain National Park visitor center just to look around, on our way back towards Estes Park, there were some cars parked along the side of the road and we couldnt figure out what the problem was. After looking into the woods for a minute we figured it out. Everyone was watching a small herd of Elk (about 20) 1 Bull and quite a few Cows, and some young ones that had to have been born this spring. The Bull was just sitting there watching over his herd, and the rack on him was massive

Overall it was an awesome day and well worth the drive.

I just cant picture that damn little shop being that big now. When we were there in '05, it was still small, how long has it been rennovated?

when Jesse bought it, he moved to a new location. the old store is still a Husker team shop, but just called Husker Haven

And the guy at Husker Haven doesn't even appear to be interested in the Big Red..... or retail, for that matter. :blink:

Thanks Rob, that sounds pretty cool. I think Husker Hounds is pretty cool on S. 84th in Omaha. Unfortunately the only time I get to drive back to the Big O is because of funerals anymore. I pay my respects, grieve, and then get trashed with my cousins and visit HHounds the next day before I return to Texas.