To Save Time in the Huddle

husker rob

During the Nevada game, when ever a pass play was called it seemed like forever getting out of the huddle. then with all of the shifts, it seemed like Sam was always rushing to get the play off before he ran out of time.

During the WF game, it looked like there was very little motion and shifting, that would normally lead to a mismatch somewhere.

So I came up with this idea, to save time in the huddle and still allow the shifting and motion to create the mismatches. Have each of the players wear one of those playbook thingies that Sam wears on his wrist. That way when he gets the play signaled in to him, all he has to do is call of the play number, and the snap count. Each of the players could then read what his assignment would be and then bang you are out of the huddle with plenty of time to shift and move before the snap. Sam would also be able to read the defense longer and see where the weakness might be, and audible if he needed to.

what do you think

It's a good idea, but I am not sure it'd solve the problem of getting a play in. I believe Keller gets the call and then translates it via his wrist band. The players will get their assignment from that call.

At that point, a wrist band for each player would become cumbersome and unnecessary, considering the linemen should know the protection and receivers should know their route or blocking assignment from the call.

well if Cally, wanted to call play #13 for example he has Ganz signal whatever it is for #13, Sam gets in the huddle and says #13 on 2, #13 on 2. everybody looks at #13 on the card, understands his assignment i.e. protection, hole to run, route, etc etc etc.......ready break

10 sec max, gives plenty of time to do shifts, motion, reads.....hike hike

works for me

well if Cally, wanted to call play #13 for example he has Ganz signal whatever it is for #13, Sam gets in the huddle and says #13 on 2, #13 on 2. everybody looks at #13 on the card, understands his assignment i.e. protection, hole to run, route, etc etc etc.......ready break

10 sec max, gives plenty of time to do shifts, motion, reads.....hike hike

works for me

Yes, I think its a great idea! But it prolly won't be enforced...and it would also free up some extra time for Keller to pep up the offense!

POST #300!!! Boo-Yah

During the Nevada game, when ever a pass play was called it seemed like forever getting out of the huddle. then with all of the shifts, it seemed like Sam was always rushing to get the play off before he ran out of time.

During the WF game, it looked like there was very little motion and shifting, that would normally lead to a mismatch somewhere.

So I came up with this idea, to save time in the huddle and still allow the shifting and motion to create the mismatches. Have each of the players wear one of those playbook thingies that Sam wears on his wrist. That way when he gets the play signaled in to him, all he has to do is call of the play number, and the snap count. Each of the players could then read what his assignment would be and then bang you are out of the huddle with plenty of time to shift and move before the snap. Sam would also be able to read the defense longer and see where the weakness might be, and audible if he needed to.

what do you think

Not a bad idea...maybe there are cases where they add an element to the play? Still, it makes sense.

What if Ganz makes a sound like "Kuh-Kah, Kuh-Kahh" and a crow comes flying down, lands on his arm and carries the wristband with the play out to Keller?

I'm thinking it would look pretty cool in s-l-o-w m-o-t-i-o-n replays... yah...

Kuh-Kah, Kuh-Kahh! :)

When you score something that good, you're supposed to share, Addison! ;)

what do you think

are you after cally's job? :clap

What if Ganz makes a sound like "Kuh-Kah, Kuh-Kahh" and a crow comes flying down, lands on his arm and carries the wristband with the play out to Keller?

I'm thinking it would look pretty cool in s-l-o-w m-o-t-i-o-n replays... yah...

Kuh-Kah, Kuh-Kahh! :)

When you score something that good, you're supposed to share, Addison! ;)

:D:lol::cheers

Yah bro, it's an exciting week and I noticed a lot of tense postings this week. Just having a little fun to lighten up the board some. At least until Friday. So until then.......... Kuh-Kah, Kuh-Kahh!!