home field advantage

melscott62

how big of a difference do you think the game being in Lincoln is? I was thinking back to recent match ups between us an top programs, and how on several occasions we have been roughed up by a team at their place, and then when the come to Lincoln its a totally different game. the ou and texas series under solich and the ou and t-tech series under cally come to mind right away. each example we were waxed on the road, but either won at home, or needed an act of god for the other team to beat us.

I do think USC is a better team right now, but I see Lincoln evening things out for us

how big of a difference do you think the game being in Lincoln is?

NU has a much bigger home advantage than most schools because of the awe inspiring 85,000 screaming red-clad fans at every game. This will be the most impressive home crowd many of the Trojan players have ever faced. Hard to put a number on it, but my guess is about a 14 point difference.

NU has a much bigger home advantage than most schools because of the awe inspiring 85,000 screaming red-clad fans at every game. This will be the most impressive home crowd many of the Trojan players have ever faced. Hard to put a number on it, but my guess is about a 14 point difference.

that was what I was thinking

that was what I was thinking

i was thinking more like 7-10 points..........but i'll take 14

Just an interesting factoid. Nebraska is 1-3 against #1 ranked teams coming to Lincoln. Hopefully that trend will improve this time around!

Just wondering what was Nebraska ranked those 4 times. Ok to lazy to look it up. :ahhhhhhhh

No problem. I actually miscalculated by adding a road game in there by mistake so the correct number is 1-2. My appologies. Let's hope we can bring this stat up to .500. One more interesting factoid is everytime it was those damn Sooners. Also NU is 0-2-1 against USC and USC was a top 5 team each time. This would be a great time to make a huge change.

1978 NU#10 Beat Oklahoma#1 at Lincoln 17-14

1974 NU#6 Lost to Oklahoma#1 at Lincoln 14-28

1955 NU#UR Lost to Oklahoma#1 at Lincoln 0-41