So. Cal Radio on USC vs. NU

chamrocck

As I drive around here in So. Cal I have been listening to the local sports jocks...nothing surprising to me as I hear this all the time about USC being the greatest football team ever...I'll post other comments if things change...but here is the local mood...

Most think USC will win convincingly by 2+ touchdowns. Saying USC should win by 20+ points as they need to make up some style points since there is a lot of talk about how LSU is playing...so there is talk that USC will not let up if they are ahead convincingly as they need to show a dominate victory against a quality opponent. Close first half but USC will pull away in second half. LB Cushing and RB Washington are coming back from injuries and should be ready. Opinion is Cally has been average for us so far and is not in the same league as Carroll. Some shots at Keller about his play (turnovers against Wake) as well as his headband thing (jocks trying to be funny but nothing out of line).

Hope we come to play Saturday!

As I drive around here in So. Cal I have been listening to the local sports jocks...nothing surprising to me as I hear this all the time about USC being the greatest football team ever...I'll post other comments if things change...but here is the local mood...

Most think USC will win convincingly by 2+ touchdowns. Saying USC should win by 20+ points as they need to make up some style points since there is a lot of talk about how LSU is playing...so there is talk that USC will not let up if they are ahead convincingly as they need to show a dominate victory against a quality opponent. Close first half but USC will pull away in second half. LB Cushing and RB Washington are coming back from injuries and should be ready. Opinion is Cally has been average for us so far and is not in the same league as Carroll. Some shots at Keller about his play (turnovers against Wake) as well as his headband thing (jocks trying to be funny but nothing out of line).

I'm also from out here in So Cal. And you are right. The radio commentators are pretty clueless. They act as though USC is the greatest thing since toilet paper. They all seem to forget the `80's and `90's when USC played like the substance in the toilet paper.

I'm also from out here in So Cal. And you are right. The radio commentators are pretty clueless. They act as though USC is the greatest thing since toilet paper. They all seem to forget the `80's and `90's when USC played like the substance in the toilet paper.

The one good thing for So. Cal radio since USC has been good is that college football talk gets a lot of airtime compared to prior years. :)

I'm in L.A. also and have been hearing the same things. No one in the media here is giving us much of a chance. Most of the talk is about how SC has lost first place votes and how they are going to make a statement against us. I try not to listen, but I can't help it. Keller will be on the Jim Rome show tomorrow morning!

Not to mention that they could barely fill half of the coliseum.

Worst part about it is the SC fans forget that too. Most of the guys I work with are bandwagon SC fans and they've been giving me all kinds of crap. They forget or don't know that SC was irrelevant for 20 years.

What headband thing?

Worst part about it is the SC fans forget that too. Most of the guys I work with are bandwagon SC fans and they've been giving me all kinds of crap. They forget or don't know that SC was irrelevant for 20 years.

yes

1980 USC Trojans 8-2-1 .773

1981 USC Trojans 9-3 .750

1982 USC Trojans 8-3 .727

1983 USC Trojans 4-6-1 .409

1984 USC Trojans 9-3 .750

1985 USC Trojans 6-6 .500

1986 USC Trojans 7-5 .583

1987 USC Trojans 8-4 .667

1988 USC Trojans 10-2 .833

1989 USC Trojans 9-2-1 .792

1990 USC Trojans 8-4-1 .654

1991 USC Trojans 3-8 .273

1992 USC Trojans 6-5-1 .542

1993 USC Trojans 8-5 .615

1994 USC Trojans 8-3-1 .708

1995 USC Trojans 9-2-1 .792

1996 USC Trojans 6-6 .500

1997 USC Trojans 6-5 .545

1998 USC Trojans 8-5 .615

1999 USC Trojans 6-6 .500

2000 USC Trojans 5-7 .417

2001 USC Trojans 6-6 .500

That’s a 22 year run with a record of 157-98-7 .613

During this illustrious period they played for zero national titles, lost a Sun Bowl to TCU, lost a Freedom Bowl to Fresno State, and had many years where they didn’t go to a bowl at all. But this is supposed to be a college football dynasty. In fact, if you add in the last five years when they won a national title and were given one as a gift from the sports writers, that would be a span of 27 years with only one (that's right ONE) undefeated season. Tell that to your moron SC "fans" at work.

yes

During this illustrious period they played for zero national titles, lost a Sun Bowl to TCU, lost a Freedom Bowl to Fresno State, and had many years where they didn’t go to a bowl at all. But this is supposed to be a college football dynasty. In fact, if you add in the last five years when they won a national title and were given one as a gift from the sports writers, that would be a span of 27 years with only one (that's right ONE) undefeated season. Tell that to your moron SC "fans" at work.

I couldn't have expressed that better myself!

If they are the greatest team ever why can't they go undefeated? I think there's only been one undefeated year even in recent history. If they're so loaded maybe they're coaching staff sucks cuz they can't seem to capitalize on all that talent. They definitely are not invincible.

I hope the players are all sitting there thinking they're the greatest thing that ever happened and they could never be defeated. Oh wait, isn't that what happened to the ancient Trojans?

yes

That's awesome, I just cut, pasted and emailed this to all those SC bums who think that their s##t doesn't stink. I also included that in that same span of 27 years, we have two more undefeated seasons and one more nat'l championship and played for three more than they did. GBR

Face it we were probably just as arrogant in the 90's as they are today.

To bad Tom promissed his wife to retire otherwise we probably have 1 more NC and Tom would passing Joe Pa and Bobby Bowden in most victories.

What funny is that the best coach in the stadium probably will be watching it from a skybox.