Castille& glenn

Don't sell Lucky short. He was a work horse against Wake. The more I see of him this year the more I'm impressed.

I do however, wonder what happend to Cody last week. Didn't see hide nor hair of him. Castille has got me excited about the future...BUT...he is a freshman. He could (I said COULD) get that "deer in the headlights" syndrome against an opponent like USC. I, for one, would sure feel a lot better knowing Cody is a viable alternative to Lucky this week. That said, I would like to see Castille get a shot to prove me wrong as well.

Don't sell Lucky short. He was a work horse against Wake. The more I see of him this year the more I'm impressed.

I do however, wonder what happend to Cody last week. Didn't see hide nor hair of him. Castille has got me excited about the future...BUT...he is a freshman. He could (I said COULD) get that "deer in the headlights" syndrome against an opponent like USC. I, for one, would sure feel a lot better knowing Cody is a viable alternative to Lucky this week. That said, I would like to see Castille get a shot to prove me wrong as well.

I agree with both of you, To me it doesn't matter if It is Glenn or Castille in there for short yard situation's they are both Very good, If I remember right didn't USC have a hard time Stoping Glenn for the most part last year? maybe i,m wrong on that not sure !

It takes an entire LB corps to bring Castille's honkin' ass down. A guy with his power, freshmen, senior, or whatever, is my answer to an SC squad. Lucky will be the guy, but if we're midway through the second and he's still putting up 1.5 yards per carry, bench his ass. He'll have proved that he isn't getting the job done, and you might as well give another back the chance to make some plays.

:bonez And USC must be razed to the ground. :bonez

It takes an entire LB corps to bring Castille's honkin' ass down. A guy with his power, freshmen, senior, or whatever, is my answer to an SC squad. Lucky will be the guy, but if we're midway through the second and he's still putting up 1.5 yards per carry, bench his ass. He'll have proved that he isn't getting the job done, and you might as well give another back the chance to make some plays.

:bonez And USC must be razed to the ground. :bonez

The entire LB corps? Hell I thought it was damn near the whole team :D

i dont get the hate for lucky. his game last week was ultra impressive. our line didnt and couldnt block anyone yet he had almost 100 yards. lucky is the answer against usc due to his speed. while castille and glenn are big and strong speed is what will kill them

lucky is hands down our best back no questions

i dont get the hate for lucky. his game last week was ultra impressive. our line didnt and couldnt block anyone yet he had almost 100 yards. lucky is the answer against usc due to his speed. while castille and glenn are big and strong speed is what will kill them

No I definitely agree with you there. I'm saying that IF he doesn't get the job done against SC for any reason, we need to see if someone else can get the job done. I think he will. But as far as someone being a stud this early in his career, Castille is raising eyebrows every week.

And USC must be razed to the ground.

We need to run to beat USC and not that stupid stretch play either. USC's defense is too fast for that. I honestly feel that if we had not forced Taylor to win the game with his arm against OU last year in the Big 12 title game in KC and kept running the ball with Jackson, we could have kept ourselves in it until the end. Callahan cannot force Keller to take the entire weight of the USC defense on his arm. Castille and Glenn can be our fresh horses in the 2nd half!

Go 'SKERS

Unless we go to an almost entirely run-based offense, Lucky will get the majority of the snaps. Glenn is still not apparently 100%. The rest of the tailbacks aren't knowledgable enough in the scheme to pick up the blitzes, I'd guess. And if they aren't, you effectively cut your play-calling in half - you can't run passing plays if the tailback can't either pick up the blitz or recognize when to release and become the hot read.

Castille will get some carries - perhaps Glenn. But I see Lucky as the guy.

Unless we go to an almost entirely run-based offense, Lucky will get the majority of the snaps. Glenn is still not apparently 100%. The rest of the tailbacks aren't knowledgable enough in the scheme to pick up the blitzes, I'd guess. And if they aren't, you effectively cut your play-calling in half - you can't run passing plays if the tailback can't either pick up the blitz or recognize when to release and become the hot read.

Castille will get some carries - perhaps Glenn. But I see Lucky as the guy.

This is very true, Lucky's best play last week was when he picked up a wake blitz and gave Keller time to throw a touchdown.

You bring up my biggest worry. We didn't or couldn't or however you want to say it block against Wake. USC supposedly has the best D since Carroll has been there. If the OL couldn't block Wake, then how are they gonna possibly block USC? Lucky might not be able to take the physical pounding. I'm guessing we'll see both Castille and Glenn in the backfield at some point during the game. The game will be very physical, and we're gonna need to use at least two backs if not 3.