I'll Admit

Washusker

Aaahh, yes. The "it was only a joke" excuse. Well done.

Listen, I see you haven't been on the board for too long. Let's just say that there are plenty who love to look down their nose at anyone who quits watching a Husker game or questions the coaching staff or says the team isn't very good.

I've been accused of being a bad fan before, and it pisses me off. So perhaps I'm a bit touchy about it, but frankly, I could care less.

Next time you want to be cute and make a little joke - use that neat little icon who is winking. Or you could just keep your mouth shut.

Wow!........So how long have you been experiencing bloating, cramping and tender breasts?

Strangely enough, it happens whenever someone reacts to any criticism of the team I share on this board.

What is that called?

Undying love for the huskers

LOL! So there probably is no cure. I can live with that.

Sure beats "Imabetterhuskerfanthanyou-itis". That stuff is NASTY...

Aaahh, yes. The "it was only a joke" excuse. Well done.

Listen, I see you haven't been on the board for too long. Let's just say that there are plenty who love to look down their nose at anyone who quits watching a Husker game or questions the coaching staff or says the team isn't very good.

I've been accused of being a bad fan before, and it pisses me off. So perhaps I'm a bit touchy about it, but frankly, I could care less.

Next time you want to be cute and make a little joke - use that neat little icon who is winking. Or you could just keep your mouth shut.

Wow!........So how long have you been experiencing bloating, cramping and tender breasts?

Strangely enough, it happens whenever someone reacts to any criticism of the team I share on this board.

What is that called?

Undying love for the huskers

LOL! So there probably is no cure. I can live with that.

Sure beats "Imabetterhuskerfanthanyou-itis". That stuff is NASTY...

I heard about that! Thanks Heavens it's not contagious. Especially since I have a TERRIBLE CASE! ;)

Wow! I'm getting really good at this, right?

Either way, I'm done arguing with you. Maybe I should've not said my original comment, but at the same time...You should learn to take a joke. Especially after I stated that it was a joke. You can't just take the benefit of the doubt? You act like we're all not supporting the same team here. I'm not a sCUm fan. It's ridiculous that it turned into what it is. Next time I'll know not to "try to be cute or make any little jokes" around you.

quote name='Washusker'

As for BC, I really believed we needed to stretch the field a bit more and throw the ball downfield. USC was jumping every short route. EVERY DAMN ONE. I was also a bit puzzled by the fact we got away from the passing game a bit after going up 10-7, but that's a small quibble.

Keller couldn't throw downfield....USC front four was in his grill as soon as he snapped it. I was at the game he had no time

Overall, this was very discouraging. Much worse than last year's loss.

I agree, they came into our house and physically beat the piss out of us

And I have to ask: What, in four years, has this coaching staff proven? NOT A DAMN THING.

Well we are no longer losing to out conference foes. We are beating teams that we should soundly. And we are recruiting better than ever....<<<<<that doesn't automatically turn into big wins, just ask Texas....they just barely hung on to beat UCF....look at Okie St who has had two nice classes in a row and lost to Troy(a team NU beat 56-0 last year)

I

quote name='Washusker'

As for BC, I really believed we needed to stretch the field a bit more and throw the ball downfield. USC was jumping every short route. EVERY DAMN ONE. I was also a bit puzzled by the fact we got away from the passing game a bit after going up 10-7, but that's a small quibble.

Keller couldn't throw downfield....USC front four was in his grill as soon as he snapped it. I was at the game he had no time

Overall, this was very discouraging. Much worse than last year's loss.

I agree, they came into our house and physically beat the piss out of us

And I have to ask: What, in four years, has this coaching staff proven? NOT A DAMN THING.

Well we are no longer losing to out conference foes. We are beating teams that we should soundly. And we are recruiting better than ever....<<<<<that doesn't automatically turn into big wins, just ask Texas....they just barely hung on to beat UCF....look at Okie St who has had two nice classes in a row and lost to Troy(a team NU beat 56-0 last year)

I

Those conference foes you refer to, who would they be? Before Wild Bill was hired, KState was playing in a BCS bowl. Big 12 North doesn't have and won't have one team in the top 25 we play. We're still losing to the same conference foes we were before Wild Bill. When was the last time we beat Texas or OU? Who was the coach? And, what kind of talent did we have? I sure don't remember losing to the likes of Kansas before BC. If the only thing we have to show for is winning the Big 12 North, then it's very apparent we've drastically lowered our goals. Friggin Baylor was undefeated last year against the Big 12 North!

I have to agree with the original poster. We have shown nothing, zilch, nada for 4 years now. Last night's game was supposed to be our breakout game. If players and coaches can't get fired up for a game last night, then we're doomed. Btw, do they keep stats for DLineman pancaking OLineman? If they do, USC's DL got a lot of pancakes.

We didn't just lose at home last night. We got molested. We got raped and pillaged (oops no because I don't really think it was against our will). We got worked like a rib lastnight by a team that may not even be one of the two best teams in the country at friggin home. USC's D is good, but IMO they're not LSU or even OU. It's kind of funny in retrospect. We looked as good against USC as Miami did last week against OU. Oh how the mighty have fallen. The only difference was Miami was on the road and we decided to take our asspounding at home in front of all of our fans and incoming recruits!

I turned off the game and had a movie night with the kids. At least that was fun.

That's nice. I know people can get worked up until they about stroke out. At that point--42-10-- if I had been angry or upset, I might have left the stadium, but we were having a good time. Once we were down by 11 and had only scored 10, I was pretty sure that it was over and, to paraphrase Bobby Knight, was ready to lie back and take it. We laughed with the people in our section, made jokes, and cheered wildly, though someone ironically and cynically, at the 4th quarter clean-up-squad scores. But, yeah, I think a lot more people need to do what you did and turn something negative into something a lot more positive. If you had waited that game out, you might have missed out on a chance to spend some time watching movies with the fam. I say Good On You especially if you were the only one who would have enjoyed the game... why hog the TV if you're not even having a good time?

I don't think that makes you a bad fan at all, you're just regulating your emotions. Why let something you have no control over upset you when, ultimately, it doesn't even matter? That's some good perspective-taking ;)