Why are some people..

MVPujols

I'm a Husker fan through and through, but got to admit when Callahan was hired I was sad, but when he said we were going to the West coast offense I was devastated. I'm sticking with my Huskers but after 4 disappointing years I'm wondering,,,,, what if we'd hired Joe Glen, Monte Kiffen, you fill in the blank. I miss option football and having the black shirts a feared unit. How long does the BC /SP experiment last before we go back to Husker football. I'm not sure these guys have it , good recruiters but soft in coaching. We can't stop the run, it's gonna be a long season in the big 12. Even a fool can see we have big problems. Move em all up and chance giving up lots of passes or hang em back and everyone runs. How much talent would be enough to run BC's program?

I'm a Husker fan through and through, but got to admit when Callahan was hired I was sad, but when he said we were going to the West coast offense I was devastated. I'm sticking with my Huskers but after 4 disappointing years I'm wondering,,,,, what if we'd hired Joe Glen, Monte Kiffen, you fill in the blank. I miss option football and having the black shirts a feared unit. How long does the BC /SP experiment last before we go back to Husker football. I'm not sure these guys have it , good recruiters but soft in coaching. We can't stop the run, it's gonna be a long season in the big 12. Even a fool can see we have big problems. Move em all up and chance giving up lots of passes or hang em back and everyone runs. How much talent would be enough to run BC's program?

I agree it seemed we blamed bad defense of the Colorado game and the next years season on the Offense.

Solich did depend to much on Crouch and nutured the option by just having a one man team with no one to hand off to.

You'll hear people say that offense doesnt work anymore no one wants to play in that kind of offense. I only have to say is look at West virginia White and Slaton they look pretty good with same offense but not behind as good as o-line nebraska use to have.

I think Nebraska lost their Identity the minute they went to the west coast.

Just ask yourself are the top rated receivers that the west coast offense needs going to look at Nebraska or they going to look where the weather is warm like california, Texas, Oklahoma, Florida.

I agree it seemed we blamed bad defense of the Colorado game and the next years season on the Offense.

Solich did depend to much on Crouch and nutured the option by just having a one man team with no one to hand off to.

You'll hear people say that offense doesnt work anymore no one wants to play in that kind of offense. I only have to say is look at West virginia White and Slaton they look pretty good with same offense but not behind as good as o-line nebraska use to have.

I think Nebraska lost their Identity the minute they went to the west coast.

Just ask yourself are the top rated receivers that the west coast offense needs going to look at Nebraska or they going to look where the weather is warm like california, Texas, Oklahoma, Florida.

Going to school where the weather is warm is relative. If they are good enough to go to the NFL, there's still a high probability they will end up at a team where the weather is cold. It's more about opportunity than weather.

Oh, and one other thing. I would tone down the pregame crap just a bit. Sure, it's fun for the crowd, but those players were wound up like a cheap watch at the beginning of the game last night.

That new tunnel walk video was pure crap. A few years ago I went to a game before the tunnel walk was all Multi-mediaed up and it was chilling and exciting. Last year they dropped that stupid mission control crap and all of the chatter that went on and I was happy again. Now they had that stupid CGI para drop, more talking. What it does is point out the stilted, hyperreality they're trying to create... like they're trying to look like huskers and look more like huskers than the huskers ever did in order to sell. But they aren't huskers. They're like Huskerland at Disney or something. I think that the tunnel walk was always somewhat contrived, but at least it felt organic... now it's become this thing... like christmas... all marketing and no soul.

When they blacked the screens I was really, really excited for the tunnel walk... then I thought, "What the hell is this? A commercial for the army? For Belleview University?" Then it was just got embarrassing.

Because 4 yrs later we're not ONE BIT BETTER than when Solich was here.

So your saying that option left and option right would of tourched the Trojan defense? I don't think so.

i saw a USC fan walking back to the car after the game and he was wearing a T-shirt that said on the back:

SEE RED RUN

SEE RED RUN

SEE RED RUN

SEE RED PUNT

NU VS USC 2007

that is exactly what would have happened

I do agree that we needed to move away from Solich but Callahan was always a very bad choice and it's been evident to a lot of people for 2 years now. There are 2 things that are very irrelevant with the criticism of Callahan....

TO and Solich don't mean a damn thing

Every time I mention Callahan being the wrong coach for us everyone pulls the "Solich sucked and the option is outdated" Ok, I agree with you but Callahan can suck too. Solich is merely a way for Callahan apologists to try and validate his mediocrity. They will also mention how he is a better recruiter than Solich. Again, who cares. He isn't better that the top teams. Solich is an easy punching bag when you think 8-9 wins is acceptable.

We will not win 10 games after the regular season. I can't even imagine that you really believe that. We should be at 9 wins but 8 wouldn't shock me just disappoint me.

I do agree that we needed to move away from Solich but Callahan was always a very bad choice and it's been evident to a lot of people for 2 years now. There are 2 things that are very irrelevant with the criticism of Callahan....

Every time I mention Callahan being the wrong coach for us everyone pulls the "Solich sucked and the option is outdated" Ok, I agree with you but Callahan can suck too. Solich is merely a way for Callahan apologists to try and validate his mediocrity. They will also mention how he is a better recruiter than Solich. Again, who cares. He isn't better that the top teams. Solich is an easy punching bag when you think 8-9 wins is acceptable.

We will not win 10 games after the regular season. I can't even imagine that you really believe that. We should be at 9 wins but 8 wouldn't shock me just disappoint me.

who do you think we should have got? they're werent a lot of choices....

and as for TO and solich not meaning anything....how is that? TO and solich are our past. they do mean something. For TO he is an example of how to do things correctly. its an example of the fact that if you are patient, a coach can turn things around. I know you hate it when people bring it up but thats too bad. if you are getting mad when people bring up facts in a discussion, that means there is a good chance you are WRONG.

and as for TO and solich not meaning anything....how is that? TO and solich are our past. they do mean something. For TO he is an example of how to do things correctly. its an example of the fact that if you are patient, a coach can turn things around. I know you hate it when people bring it up but thats too bad. if you are getting mad when people bring up facts in a discussion, that means there is a good chance you are WRONG.

No, bringing up Solich has nothing to do with being patient. Whatever Solich did or did not do has nothing to do with Callahan being a good coach or not. And in regards to TO he did take 20 years to win a NC but we were a 10 win team every year and playing in top level bowl games, and oh yeah, that was the 70-80's. Coaches don't get that long anymore. How about we talk apples to apples, Mack Brown, Stoops, Saban, Carroll all of them took struggling programs and won NC.......hello???? anyone want to compare this decade??

No, bringing up Solich has nothing to do with being patient. Whatever Solich did or did not do has nothing to do with Callahan being a good coach or not. And in regards to TO he did take 20 years to win a NC but we were a 10 win team every year and playing in top level bowl games, and oh yeah, that was the 70-80's. Coaches don't get that long anymore. How about we talk apples to apples, Mack Brown, Stoops, Saban, Carroll all of them took struggling programs and won NC.......hello???? anyone want to compare this decade??

as much as you might not want to admit this.... those are not equal programs. its easier to get players there, and easier to get top coaches. so lets talk apples to apples. to win here at nebraska we are going to have to be patient

You are right. It's not the same. They were all in the TOILET before their coaches got there. You don't understand your history my friend.

I have listed it before but look at the winning % and talent level of the teams I listed above. They were WORSE than we have ever been. If it was so easy to get coaches and players there then why were they bad for so long????

And it's so easy to get coaches and talent to Louisville, Rutgers, West Virginia, Kentucky right?

Because 4 yrs later we're not ONE BIT BETTER than when Solich was here.

So your saying that option left and option right would of tourched the Trojan defense? I don't think so.

i saw a USC fan walking back to the car after the game and he was wearing a T-shirt that said on the back:

SEE RED RUN

SEE RED RUN

SEE RED RUN

SEE RED PUNT

NU VS USC 2007

that is exactly what would have happened

Someone was a few years behind the times :lol:

Well gee, maybe SP shouldn't have been so quick to fire Solich if he was going to have trouble finding a suitable replacement.

They had to. Our program had gotten so bad that we only won 10 games with a depleted talent pool.

:sarcasm

Ironically, that means Solich must have been an amazing coach to win 10 games with mediocre talent.

Well gee, maybe SP shouldn't have been so quick to fire Solich if he was going to have trouble finding a suitable replacement.

ok what does that have to do with cally? cally=peterson? trust me, if it was up to me solich would still be here. I was furious when he got fired.

ok what does that have to do with cally? cally=peterson? trust me, if it was up to me solich would still be here. I was furious when he got fired.

IMO, you shouldn't be furious about him getting fired. You should be furious about the lies SP spewed the day after he fired him.