AD & Coaching Staff

^ No use in talking about it with those people. They won't change their minds. They're oblivious to the great recruiting classes and the strides that team has made...and the potential to win out the rest of the season.

I think maybe you should enlighten me. We could have the number 1 recruiting class for the next decade, but what does it matter if we're getting blasted (3rd worst home loss eva) at home by USC? Just because the team has the tools doesn't mean it equates to success. I think it's naive to believe there is no talent on the defense. There are some very talented players on the defense right now, but look how they're playing.

You say there is no use in talking about it with "those" people because they won't change their minds. How is this any different than talking to "those" people who look through rose colored glasses? We just sustained the 3rd worst home loss eva. Are you seriously telling me that you don't have some questions about this coaching staff and team? The first two or three years, it's easy to sit back and use the great recruiting class excuse. However, we're in year 4. Where are those great recruiting classes and why are they getting crushed?

3rd worse home loss ever? Seriously? It was 18 points. I don't have a statbook handy but that doesn't seem correct.

Maybe 3rd most points given up at home? 3rd worst home loss in 40 years? It can't be 3rd worst home loss ever....can it?

We lost 42-10. I watched the TV replay and they commented on how "Carroll was clearing out the bench" and "using 3rd and 4th stringers against Nebraska". Umm, that means the game was over and in my book that is what the evaluation should be based on.

We lost 42-10. I watched the TV replay and they commented on how "Carroll was clearing out the bench" and "using 3rd and 4th stringers against Nebraska". Umm, that means the game was over and in my book that is what the evaluation should be based on.

Absolutely. Anyone who uses those garbage time points to base an argument on is delusional.

^ No use in talking about it with those people. They won't change their minds. They're oblivious to the great recruiting classes and the strides that team has made...and the potential to win out the rest of the season.

I think maybe you should enlighten me. We could have the number 1 recruiting class for the next decade, but what does it matter if we're getting blasted (3rd worst home loss eva) at home by USC? Just because the team has the tools doesn't mean it equates to success. I think it's naive to believe there is no talent on the defense. There are some very talented players on the defense right now, but look how they're playing.

You say there is no use in talking about it with "those" people because they won't change their minds. How is this any different than talking to "those" people who look through rose colored glasses? We just sustained the 3rd worst home loss eva. Are you seriously telling me that you don't have some questions about this coaching staff and team? The first two or three years, it's easy to sit back and use the great recruiting class excuse. However, we're in year 4. Where are those great recruiting classes and why are they getting crushed?

3rd worse home loss ever? Seriously? It was 18 points. I don't have a statbook handy but that doesn't seem correct.

Maybe 3rd most points given up at home? 3rd worst home loss in 40 years? It can't be 3rd worst home loss ever....can it?

Fair enough, but if you don't go by the final score.......how can someone make the claim that it was the 3rd worst home loss ever? Do we look back at every game we lost in Memorial Stadium and see what the score was when the other team started using 3rd and 4th stringers against us?

Fair enough, but if you don't go by the final score.......how can someone make the claim that it was the 3rd worst home loss ever? Do we look back at every game we lost in Memorial Stadium and see what the score was when the other team started using 3rd and 4th stringers against us?

I agree if that is how they are qualifying their statement. I think it's a subjective view. If we lost to Nevada by 1 pt that is worse than losing to USC by 50 points. I understand your viewpoint I was making the point that each person should look at it subjectively.

I would like to say one thing, we all can bitch and moan about our coaching staff and AD. However, until we stop having Top Recruiting Classes, Sold Out Games and 8-9 game winning seasons, nothing is going to happen to this coaching staff or AD.

Maybe if we have Alumni or Boosters speak up and donations begin tapering off the University my look at things. Until then, we need to support this and future Husker Teams under Bill Callahan and Staff.

I know that a majority of you are going to disagree and that is fine. This is my opinion so please take it what it is worth.

really? We had more than 8-9 win seasons before, we sold out the stadium every game and let go of a coach before who was deemed as incapable of moving the team up. Callahan's record is worse than Solich's record. Yes, he has had some recruits --- but that is likely to drop off with time (that is, top recruiting classes) as the results on the field continue to be modest (at best). So, no I disagree, it will take a few more years before it happens (it is tough for Pedey to go in a new direction w/o admitting his mistake --- sort of like not pulling out of the war because in so doing you admit your error in being there to begin with --- so it strings out longer than it should). In due course, if Callahan does not turn things around pronto, he will be gone.

By the way, Solich should have been let go. So too, should Callahan --- for the same reason --- demonstrated inability (or, at least, low probability of) moving the team into a nationally competitive arena.

Callahan is a better recruiter, but otherwise he and Solich are of comparable performance (well the Solich teams were perhaps a tad more competitive W-L wise, maybe --- but generally comparable).

When you watch the TV replay, watch the whole 4th qtr and do your own research. Look at #'s, dont just take the announcers word for it. The fact is they never subbed more than 5 (usually just 3 or 4), and several of starters never came out. Just look for yourself.

When you watch the TV replay, watch the whole 4th qtr and do your own research. Look at #'s, dont just take the announcers word for it. The fact is they never subbed more than 5 (usually just 3 or 4), and several of starters never came out. Just look for yourself.

You have no idea what you are talking about. The KEY positions were 3rd and 4th stringers on USC's offense at WR and RB. So, USC's offense wasn't scoring like the previous quarters. Also, the defense was using backups LB's and DB's sometimes, true NOT THE WHOLE TEAM but is that what I said??? NO, and they didn't care very much when they were up 32 pts with 9 minutes.

42-10 PERIOD!

Why can't Callahan win against a rated opponent? Why can't he even have a team compete against a rated opponent?

I'm pretty sure if Nunn hangs on to the f'ing ball last year, NU not only competes with a rated opponent, they beat one.

1-3 rather than 0-4 vs Top 10 teams?There's still a bad pattern there.

Yea, so is 7-30. Which is what Osborne's record was between 1973 and 1992 against top 10 teams.

Well how often was TO losing to teams ranked 50th? Callahan has done it 3 years in a row and TO wasn't getting blasted every game against a top opponent and getting embarrassed at home. You need to stop comparing the 70's and 80's to coaches today. Things are VERY different in the amount of time a coach gets anyway. BC hasn't even won as well as Solich and you are pulling a silly stat about TO. What an insult to everything TO did.

Do you think BC will be here for 20 years???? If not, then don't tell me it took TO 20 yrs to win so we should be patient.

Listen, I didn't say it to disparage TO. Obviously he was a great coach.

My point is that people who complain about records against top ten teams need to stop complaining about Callahan horrible record. When TO had the same issues. I am not saying be patient, I am not insulting anyone so please, I'd appreciate it if you stop reading into things to find things that aren't there.

It's very obvious you have a flare for the dramatic, but damn. Couple that with you reference to Abe Lincoln and you're out there pretty far, bud.

Why can't Callahan win against a rated opponent? Why can't he even have a team compete against a rated opponent?

I'm pretty sure if Nunn hangs on to the f'ing ball last year, NU not only competes with a rated opponent, they beat one.

1-3 rather than 0-4 vs Top 10 teams?There's still a bad pattern there.

Yea, so is 7-30. Which is what Osborne's record was between 1973 and 1992 against top 10 teams.

Well how often was TO losing to teams ranked 50th? Callahan has done it 3 years in a row and TO wasn't getting blasted every game against a top opponent and getting embarrassed at home. You need to stop comparing the 70's and 80's to coaches today. Things are VERY different in the amount of time a coach gets anyway. BC hasn't even won as well as Solich and you are pulling a silly stat about TO. What an insult to everything TO did.

Do you think BC will be here for 20 years???? If not, then don't tell me it took TO 20 yrs to win so we should be patient.

Listen, I didn't say it to disparage TO. Obviously he was a great coach.

My point is that people who complain about records against top ten teams need to stop complaining about Callahan horrible record. When TO had the same issues. I am not saying be patient, I am not insulting anyone so please, I'd appreciate it if you stop reading into things to find things that aren't there.

It's very obvious you have a flare for the dramatic, but damn. Couple that with you reference to Abe Lincoln and you're out there pretty far, bud.

Part of that wasn't directed towards you. In through the nose out through the mouth....mantra

Google "record against top 10 teams"

You only get negative results. You know why? Because thats a bullsh#t way to measure the worth of a team. Top ten teams rarely play each other and when they do, one of them loses. Does that mean they suck? No! Otherwise, they wouldnt have been in the top ten to begin with.

great post !!!