Enuf of this Crap

Travis9

It is certainly time for a reality check! It is time for the rose colored glass wearing, kool-aid drinking, sunshine pumping to stop.

The whining and complaing is not directly about the USC game alone. It is more about the WF game the previous week, the kansas game last year along with the OKST game, the Mizzou game a few years ago, the Texas Tech game on and on and on.

Our D has not been good, since Coz got here, period. We have flashes against poor teams but good teams, in general have torched us.

USC ranked number 1. Ok but noone on here can say that their RB are better than Reggie Bush and Lendale white. With those two running the ball USC never avg. 8.2 yards a carry not even against Stanford and Washington State and Fresno State and all the other chumps they have played. USC has not avg 8.2 per carry in any game going back as far as 2000.

In our own damn house they avg 8.2 yards per carry. i am tired of the "they are the best team in the land" statement to cover our ineptness. #1 or #10 it dont matter. 8.2 yards a carry is COMICAL.

I love that fans stand behind our team but we have gotten so twisted in our thoughts that we are now wanting to defend 8.2 yard per carry. one game here and one game there sh#t happens but it happens way to much with us.

To those of you who constanly defend this mediocrity i ask you why? and How? Why do you defend this, is this what we have become and How can you defend this. The defenders are generally the people that throw out stat after stat, yet the stats of Coz and his Defenses is a glaring tribute to mediocrity or worse and you choose to ignore those stats.

Defensively, today, their is no rose colored tint in the spectacles, the kool-aid is without sugar, and the sunshine is missing so there can be no pumping.

We lack a Defensive Identity, we are not feared in any way any more. The face of our defense is Coz and opposing OC's love it. only once in my lifetime have i heard of a Defensive game plan designed to stop one play and that honor goes to our beloved Coz. The fact that he would take Carriker out of an entire game to stop the shovel pass should have told us all we needed. Cally shouldnt get a pass here either. When his DC stated that we gameplanned for one play and told our all american to not play football, some light bulb somewhere should have clicked.

The talent is there to be above avg on D. i have ranted long enough so ill end with this. You, the rose colored glasses wearing, kool-aid drinking, sunshine pumping people are part of the problem. When your fan base accepts mediocrity the coaches are not accountable and we have gotten there. Coz knows his job is safe because the majority is ok with his accomplishments.

To the few pro active thinkers i am with you. Hit me once its your fault hit me twice its mine. Coz has been avg since he became a DC. I cant figure out why some think that will magically change.

if this rant doesnt apply to you i am sorry and if it does well i am sorry too, sorry that we have gotten to a place where the avg is acceptable

It is certainly time for a reality check! It is time for the rose colored glass wearing, kool-aid drinking, sunshine pumping to stop.

The whining and complaing is not directly about the USC game alone. It is more about the WF game the previous week, the kansas game last year along with the OKST game, the Mizzou game a few years ago, the Texas Tech game on and on and on.

Our D has not been good, since Coz got here, period. We have flashes against poor teams but good teams, in general have torched us.

USC ranked number 1. Ok but noone on here can say that their RB are better than Reggie Bush and Lendale white. With those two running the ball USC never avg. 8.2 yards a carry not even against Stanford and Washington State and Fresno State and all the other chumps they have played. USC has not avg 8.2 per carry in any game going back as far as 2000.

In our own damn house they avg 8.2 yards per carry. i am tired of the "they are the best team in the land" statement to cover our ineptness. #1 or #10 it dont matter. 8.2 yards a carry is COMICAL.

I love that fans stand behind our team but we have gotten so twisted in our thoughts that we are now wanting to defend 8.2 yard per carry. one game here and one game there sh#t happens but it happens way to much with us.

To those of you who constanly defend this mediocrity i ask you why? and How? Why do you defend this, is this what we have become and How can you defend this. The defenders are generally the people that throw out stat after stat, yet the stats of Coz and his Defenses is a glaring tribute to mediocrity or worse and you choose to ignore those stats.

Defensively, today, their is no rose colored tint in the spectacles, the kool-aid is without sugar, and the sunshine is missing so there can be no pumping.

We lack a Defensive Identity, we are not feared in any way any more. The face of our defense is Coz and opposing OC's love it. only once in my lifetime have i heard of a Defensive game plan designed to stop one play and that honor goes to our beloved Coz. The fact that he would take Carriker out of an entire game to stop the shovel pass should have told us all we needed. Cally shouldnt get a pass here either. When his DC stated that we gameplanned for one play and told our all american to not play football, some light bulb somewhere should have clicked.

The talent is there to be above avg on D. i have ranted long enough so ill end with this. You, the rose colored glasses wearing, kool-aid drinking, sunshine pumping people are part of the problem. When your fan base accepts mediocrity the coaches are not accountable and we have gotten there. Coz knows his job is safe because the majority is ok with his accomplishments.

To the few pro active thinkers i am with you. Hit me once its your fault hit me twice its mine. Coz has been avg since he became a DC. I cant figure out why some think that will magically change.

if this rant doesnt apply to you i am sorry and if it does well i am sorry too, sorry that we have gotten to a place where the avg is acceptable

You hit the nail on the head brother. People seem to think that waiting the amount of time it took us to win the previous championships is ok, well guess what, it's not. These guys are terrible and those that back the mediocrity that they have in store for us, get used to it. My father and I have followed Husker football for as long as any faithful in here and still the same comments come in about patience. Patience is a weakness and the Husker programs from the Osborne era didn't have any, they had there inadequasies, but they always percentage wise competed for the National Title. It has not happened for over ten years and will not as long as Callahan is coaching this football team.

Good post. I think the thing that upsets me the most is that this happened AT HOME. Good teams do not let opponents come into their house and run all over the place. The loss is one thing, but the embarrassing way in which it happened is what is most troubling.

And great call about Wisconsin's D, mjmartin. I think that is the best indicator of Cosgrove's ineptitude, that Wisconsin got better when he left and Nebraska got worse when he arrived here.

All you have to do is look what Bielema (sp?) did with Coz's personnel at Wisconsin the year after he left to see how Coz's prowess as a DC stacks up.

Just for fecal matter and giggles:

2003 Total Defense rankings

NU #11

Wisc #43

2004 (Coz's 1st year at NU)

Wisc #8

NU #56

I think it's blatantly obvious Coz is a terrible DC

Div-1A Archived Football Stats

I went back and looked at some of Coz's history based on the Div-1A archives (it only goes back to 99 that I could find). His bio on Huskers.com says he was the DC at Wisc from 1995-2003. Here's what I came up with. Keep in mind this ONLY Total Defense. I didn't feel like researching Passing/Rush Defense, etc.

NU #4

Wisc #15

NU #26

Wisc #79

NU #8

Wisc #58

NU #55

Wisc #63

NU #11

Wisc #43

NU #56

Wisc #8

NU #26

Wisc #92

NU #56

Wisc #5

2007 (thru 9/15/07)

NU #45

Wisc #42

I went back and looked at some of Coz's history based on the Div-1A archives (it only goes back to 99 that I could find). His bio on Huskers.com says he was the DC at Wisc from 1995-2003. Here's what I came up with. Keep in mind this ONLY Total Defense. I didn't feel like researching Passing/Rush Defense, etc.

NU #4

Wisc #15

NU #26

Wisc #79

NU #8

Wisc #58

NU #55

Wisc #63

NU #11

Wisc #43

NU #56

Wisc #8

NU #26

Wisc #92

NU #56

Wisc #5

2007 (thru 9/15/07)

NU #45

Wisc #42

Just means Wisc hasn't been able to hire very good DC

NU #4

Wisc #15

NU #26

Wisc #79

NU #8

Wisc #58

NU #55

Wisc #63

NU #11

Wisc #43

NU #56

Wisc #8

NU #26

Wisc #92

NU #56

Wisc #5

2007 (thru 9/15/07)

NU #45

Wisc #42

Wisc: #1 in pts allowed

Wisc: #2 in pts allowed

Like I have made mention of before, pts allowed is the telling statistic because pts decides games, not yards.

Amen...

I will say this... he didn't get fancy against USC. We lined up in our base defense and they ran right at us. Defense is part scheme and part heart, tenacity, emotion, and drive. We had none of the latter on Saturday night. We have no real play makers or leaders on the team. A good DC gets the best out his players as well as trying to get good matchups and mis-matches. Coz does neither. He makes great players irrelevant, as he did with Carriker in your example.

I want mean, hungry blackshirts who will take the game on their shoulders if needed. Until we have that, any offensive progress is irrelevant, no matter how good it is.

Take the best offense ever assembled in college football, Turner Gill, Irving Fryar, Mike Rozier, Dean Steinkuhler... and pair it with a mediocre defense...

we all know what happened.

I hate Cosgrove for a couple of reasons.

To him, NOTHING is EVER his fault. He completely throws the players under the bus. Our defense got absolutely obliterated the last 2 weeks, and it is soooo embarrassing. All he can ever say is "its not a matter of changing the way we are doing things and schemes, its a matter of executing" -- take some damn responsibility, if they aren't executing right, whose fault is that? Who is the coach that is supposed to have them prepared?

I refuse to believe our defensive personnell is as bad as we have appeared these last 2 weeks. We should, AT WORST, be 4th in total defense in the big 12, and we certainly don't look like that.

He is ridiculously stubborn, refuses to admit when he makes a mistake, blames the players for not executing, and he ALWAYS makes it appear as if he is doing everying absolutely perfect and its other people that are Fing up. Bottom line, he is the coach of the defnese and the defense has been completely miserable ever since he got here. I could handle his mediocrity a little better if he owned up to anything he does.

A BAD COACH........WHO THROWS HIS PLAYERS UNDER THE BUS

not what I want to represent Nebraska

I hate Cosgrove for a couple of reasons.

To him, NOTHING is EVER his fault. He completely throws the players under the bus. Our defense got absolutely obliterated the last 2 weeks, and it is soooo embarrassing. All he can ever say is "its not a matter of changing the way we are doing things and schemes, its a matter of executing" -- take some damn responsibility, if they aren't executing right, whose fault is that? Who is the coach that is supposed to have them prepared?

I refuse to believe our defensive personnell is as bad as we have appeared these last 2 weeks. We should, AT WORST, be 4th in total defense in the big 12, and we certainly don't look like that.

He is ridiculously stubborn, refuses to admit when he makes a mistake, blames the players for not executing, and he ALWAYS makes it appear as if he is doing everying absolutely perfect and its other people that are Fing up. Bottom line, he is the coach of the defnese and the defense has been completely miserable ever since he got here. I could handle his mediocrity a little better if he owned up to anything he does.

A BAD COACH........WHO THROWS HIS PLAYERS UNDER THE BUS

not what I want to represent Nebraska

Good point. After all, it isn't like they are a bunch of 95 lb. software engineers with pocket-protectors running around out there wondering why they haven't been equipped with a croquet mallet.