No Depth Chart Changes

foote_21

I don't think the depth chart is worth the paper it is on or the time it took to type it. We have no idea who is going to even play. I would love to see Castille learn the offense and start. That would be fun to watch. He is hungry for that next yard, hell that next inch. Much like Glenn, but alot faster. Anyway I don't even read the depth charts.

Why is everyone so quick to throw Lucky under the bus? He's no Reggie Bush, but he's not exactly Thunder Collins either. He has the best hands of all the RB's. He's the fastest of all the RB's. He needs to find the holes a little better, but I still think he's the best back. No, he's not going to get that extra yard Castille and Glenn do. However, he does give us a better chance of breaking a big run than they do.

I'm guessing Castille wasn't in there because he still doesn't have the blocking assignments down. Against a team like USC, you don't exactly want your QB that exposed in passing situations. I thought physically Glenn looked a lot better than the Nevada game. Maybe he's getting closer to 100%.

In the end, the problem still lies with the OL. I'm not sure where they all finished for the game, but at one time in the 3rd quarter Lucky was averaging I believe 1.8 yards/carry and Glenn was only averaging 2.2 yards/carry. That .4 yard/carry really doesn't do much when we need 10 for a first down.

Why is everyone so quick to throw Lucky under the bus? He's no Reggie Bush, but he's not exactly Thunder Collins either. He has the best hands of all the RB's. He's the fastest of all the RB's. He needs to find the holes a little better, but I still think he's the best back. No, he's not going to get that extra yard Castille and Glenn do. However, he does give us a better chance of breaking a big run than they do.

I'm guessing Castille wasn't in there because he still doesn't have the blocking assignments down. Against a team like USC, you don't exactly want your QB that exposed in passing situations. I thought physically Glenn looked a lot better than the Nevada game. Maybe he's getting closer to 100%.

In the end, the problem still lies with the OL. I'm not sure where they all finished for the game, but at one time in the 3rd quarter Lucky was averaging I believe 1.8 yards/carry and Glenn was only averaging 2.2 yards/carry. That .4 yard/carry really doesn't do much when we need 10 for a first down.

I agree, Lucky hands down deserves to be the starter. He is the best we have.

I believe we ended up at 1.1 per carry as a team for the game.....and they were both around 2 per carry, give or take a couple of feet.

I agree, Lucky hands down deserves to be the starter. He is the best we have.

Glenn averaged 2.5 YPC, lucky didn't average much over 1.. 2.5x4 = 10... that's a first down, baby ;)

Callahan Quote: “We’re going to compete this week for a lot of spots across the board, offensively and defensively,” the coach said. However, “It’s too premature to make any statement relative to changes in personnel. We’re going to get after it pretty good. We’re going to get a pretty good idea of where we’re at. We’ll let the week kind of unfold and evaluate, measure and assess everything at the end of the week. If there are changes to be made, there will be changes made.

Sounds like there could be changes? Or is it a done deal?

Completely correct, on both points.

1. It was evident almost immediately that we could not run effectively and that we were going to have to rely on the pass as the "base" attack. Given that, you have to go with the players that perform best in that set - that means running backs that can pick up the blitz and that can catch it coming out of the backfield. And when to release as the hot read.

2. It wouldn't matter who was running it - there were no holes to hit. The offensive line was beaten badly - manhandled.

Yeah Ive always thought the depth chart was bogus. And especially false when it is released on Tuesday, the same day that the coach says there will be position changes possible across the board. Those decision wont be made until the end of the week. And I wouldnt expect there to be any changes to the depth chart on Huskers.com. If anything we will have to see for ourselves come saturday morning or hope there is some sort of release given.