Grixby Sucks Less

skersOVRsc

I dont know if its improved safety help, more rest, or just developing as a corner, but he has really done much better so far. I hope he continues to prove me wrong from the offseason. Thoughts?

I love the topic! :rollin:rollin:rollin

I think Grix has played well so far this year...with that, why has any team this year felt the need to pass against NU?

He's done well with what has been thrown (no pun intended) at him. However, can you say he's really been 'tested' as of yet? I know Deion Sanders never got 'tested', but that is because of how solid he was....As someone said before, I just don't think that any teams have felt like it has been NECESSARY to throw his way because of the rushing yards we are allowing.

I have never hated on Grixby (at least not nearly as much as many people), but let's see if we can/will have this same opinion halfway through league play...or after he lines up against Limas Sweed or Adarius Bowman.

He's done well with what has been thrown (no pun intended) at him. However, can you say he's really been 'tested' as of yet? I know Deion Sanders never got 'tested', but that is because of how solid he was....As someone said before, I just don't think that any teams have felt like it has been NECESSARY to throw his way because of the rushing yards we are allowing.

I have never hated on Grixby (at least not nearly as much as many people), but let's see if we can/will have this same opinion halfway through league play...or after he lines up against Limas Sweed or Adarius Bowman.

thats true we will have to see..maybe we can hold adarius bowman to 57 receiving yards just like troy did??

LOL! Great topic title! Yes I concur - Grixby sucks less.

Actually, grixby plays with heart and energy and always has. he has, in the past been left out on an island many a time with a QB that has time to throw. All CB's --- even Dion Sanders --- can look bad when that happens.

Courtney deserves our cheers for his heart, which has always been there -- and for how effective he has been. He is a very solid player.

By the way, Murillo looks like he will be good too. Asante, not bad. Always in the right spot, but needs work on open field tackling.

Grix is a good open field tackler --- here he has been very solid. Also, pretty fearless. hats off to Courtney --- a true Blackshirt.

LOL! Great topic title! Yes I concur - Grixby sucks less.

Actually, grixby plays with heart and energy and always has. he has, in the past been left out on an island many a time with a QB that has time to throw. All CB's --- even Dion Sanders --- can look bad when that happens.

Courtney deserves our cheers for his heart, which has always been there -- and for how effective he has been. He is a very solid player.

By the way, Murillo looks like he will be good too. Asante, not bad. Always in the right spot, but needs work on open field tackling.

Grix is a good open field tackler --- here he has been very solid. Also, pretty fearless. hats off to Courtney --- a true Blackshirt.

Grixby is a sure tackler for his size and not many get past his tackle..thats a central high product of talent