Rosenblatt gone

huskerfan500

That's a really bad idea for Omaha!!!!! Why the hell would they do that???

because they were about to lose the CWS to another location if they didnt build a new stadium or spend a bunch of money renovating Rosenblat.

i read this a while back that the only way the CWS would sign a long term contract with Omaha whould be for some changes made

because they were about to lose the CWS to another location if they didnt build a new stadium or spend a bunch of money renovating Rosenblat.

i read this a while back that the only way the CWS would sign a long term contract with Omaha whould be for some changes made

that is what it said, but really all of the names of cities they were mentioning had to small of stadiums, the only big enough one was the new Twins stadium, but I doubt they would move out for two weeks. I personnaly don't like this decision, but knew it was coming.

The NCAA had several requirements, none of which Rosenblatt was able to meet. Specifically, they required close proximity to hotels and restaurants, neither of which Rosenblatt could provide. They also required modern facilities. Rosenblatt was not even close, and would need to be torn down and start from sratch to accomodate. While it's sad to see Roseblatt go, I see it as a win/win situation. Fahey said they wouldn't build a downtown stadium unless the NCAA could commit to a long-term (20 years) contract. It sounds like this might be a done deal, guaranteeing the College World Series in Omaha for years and years. We get a nice, new shiny stadium (with the pricetag too though), and the zoo gets to expand, making it an even better zoo than it already is (it's consistently in the national top 10). Sure, Rosenblatt is the CWS tradition, but if you're not willing to change with the times, you'll miss out on a lot of opportunities. Roll with the punches, build a new stadium, and keep the CWS in Omaha for decades to come. It's not so much that Rosenblatt is the CWS tradition, but rather Omaha itself.

it recently got renovated not too long ago what are u talkin about man?? its perfect for the CWS :steam