Non-Over emotional summary

macroboy

Offense: B+ good numbers, 35 points.

Keller can look awesome. Sometimes holds the ball too long. Bad turnovers but good numbers.

Lucky isn't an every down back. He is a 3rd down- catch the ball out of the backfield back. He can't break tackles (although on 3rd and 2 he came through big).

Offensive line mediocre at best.

They should throw to Purify every play.

I think we have a real TE in Hill.

Defense: F-

McKeon is always out of position - sit him down

Murillo looks pretty bad. Andre Jones and Asante look terrible. - Our JUCO secondary.

Ruud had a much better game, even before the pick.

Octavian is a stud.

Potter had a good game as well but the line in general is really bad.

Things I liked:

Dillard and Brandenburg (before he got hurt) on the field. I bet we see more of this.

Thenarse, Wilson, Blue, all got real playing time. (not just special teams). Didn't help the D much but it shows the coaches recognize the need for change (how could they not?!).

The TE pass!

The offense in general.

Winning.

Things that were bad:

The defense (someone in Lincoln go put some For Sale signs on Cosgroves front lawn)

Beating ball state by 1 point at home isn't very cool.

The defense- tackling is still a problem

The defense- No pass rush

The defense- slow

The defense- No fire

The defense- LB's (1 in particular) out of position

The defense- no in game adjustments

I don't see how Cosgrove can keep his job if this continues. Can anyone think of a D-coord getting fired mid-season? I can't. I bet he's here for the year but something has to change.

The defense seems to get worse every game. By the time we get to Austin, we'll give up 1000 yards and 80 points to the Longhorns.

And if we get to play OU in the B12 Champ game (yes, I'm still optimistic) they'll hang 150 points on us.

The B12 champ game is a dream lets just hope Iowa state doesn't beat us to bad. At this point the B12 north teams are licking there chops and looking to blow us out at home.

The defense seems to get worse every game. By the time we get to Austin, we'll give up 1000 yards and 80 points to the Longhorns.

And if we get to play OU in the B12 Champ game (yes, I'm still optimistic) they'll hang 150 points on us.

The B12 champ game is a dream lets just hope Iowa state doesn't beat us to bad. At this point the B12 north teams are licking there chops and looking to blow us out at home.

Yep a lot of them are going to try and use us as their signature win!!!!