Steve Octavien

dbetz23

I've never understood booing. People will see that "well, I was booing the coaches." Well, guess what, the players hear it too. You think the players know you are booing and one of the 100 people on the sidelines? No. They are playing the game, the fans are watching the game. The fans boo, the player hear it. I don't care how bad it get's, I think booing your own team during a game is dumb.

It's gotta be frustrating as a player to hear that. Octo was one of the only backers that was running around the field, getting his nose in plays so it's gotta be even more frustrating.

That is very disappointing for me to hear him say that. He should say I understand their frustrations, we need to play better. AND he should realize we are booing the no talent, useless d-coordinator.

How's he supposed to know that, through osmosis?

I don't mind it. At least he is emotional and energetic and knows the whole defense needs to get better. It could be worse, he could be another Ruud.

Anyone hear this, I just heard it them talkign about it on the radio. I guess he said something like "if you're going to boo us, don't show up to the games. (talking about the fans)

I want an exact quote on this because, there was a damn good reason why we booed (ummm giving up 606 yards to Ball State!!). And it wasn't even directed at the players it was directed at the defense as a whole, especially the coaches.

And if he really said that we shouldn't show up to games if we're going to boo? Who the F is he to say something like that?? He's been at Nebraska for what 3 years.. most of us have been Huskers since we were born! I don't take too kindly to that, and I don't think any other Husker fans will either. And hey... maybe you should take your complaints to the COACHES and ask them why the fans were booing.

Are our players really this disillusioned to Husker tradition?

I've never understood booing. People will see that "well, I was booing the coaches." Well, guess what, the players hear it too. You think the players know you are booing and one of the 100 people on the sidelines? No. They are playing the game, the fans are watching the game. The fans boo, the player hear it. I don't care how bad it get's, I think booing your own team during a game is dumb.

It's gotta be frustrating as a player to hear that. Octo was one of the only backers that was running around the field, getting his nose in plays so it's gotta be even more frustrating.

So it's okay to voice your approval during a game, but not your displeasure? It's not like we're Colorado and throwing stuff on the field and slashing tires. Oh.. and btw, this is not the first time Husker fans have booed their own team.. it's happened plenty of times, when?? Anytime we can see that we are not performing as well as we should be.. whether that be playcalling, execution, whatever.

Those players (especially Octo) should be a bit more humble.. realize they are playing for NEBRASKA and for NEBRASKA FANS, and use that as motivation to play better.. better yet hopefully the Defensive Coaches will use it as motivation to Coach better.

But, game time is the only time most husker fans really get to voice their approval/disapproval to the team/coaches. We damn sure can't call up Cosgrove and chew him out.. or any of the players. So why not voice our opinions during the game?

I want an exact quote on this because, there was a damn good reason why we booed (ummm giving up 606 yards to Ball State!!). And it wasn't even directed at the players it was directed at the defense as a whole, especially the coaches.

It may be physically possible for you to boo the team but let me just say it makes you a lesser person.

Greatest fans in college football. Please.

I am not saying it's not OK to voice displeasure, but to do it during a game doesn't help the team and that's what your there for. Which is to support the team during the game. Say whatever you want afterwards. IMO.

I know there has been boos before. Now, then, in the future I still think it's dumb.

It may be physically possible for you to boo the team but let me just say it makes you a lesser person.

Greatest fans in college football. Please.

Huh?

I was at the game and that is the loudest Booing that I have ever heard at Lincoln, except for maybe when sCUm runs onto the field.

I understand the frustration of the fans, but as a player that has got to be the worst kick in the NUTZ to hear that from the "Greatest Fans in Football" and it had to be demoralizing to hear also.

we as fans all have different ways for showing our displeasure in the performance of the team, coaching staff, outcome ect....I just hope that we choose to do it in a way that is still supportive of the players on the field..........even if some cannot stand the coaching staff

Quite frankly I think there was a lot less booing than there should have been... anywhere else and there would have been mutiny.

And true, it was probably a bit demoralizing to hear boos. But it was a bit demoralizing for us fans to watch what was happening on the field.. and at any rate, did they not realize how bad they were playing? Did they not see that every other play Ball State ran was a huge gain?

So, it's the fans' fault that the defense played as bad as they did because we booed them a couple times? Not a chance... we didn't boo them during plays.. we cheered like hell, especially in the 4th quarter.

I think they've put too much stock in the fans. I mean last week it was Callahan saying that fans have to be the loudest they've ever been.. and in the same breath saying that for them it was just another game. This week because we booed them a couple times in between a play or coming off the field, that we demoralized them and made them play like crap.

No.. no no no NO! The booing was a direct result of what was happening on the field, and if they are TRUE HUSKERS, they would use that as motivation, not whine about it.

Heck a couple years ago wasn't it "the fans are too loud, we can't communicate, that's why we're playing bad on D".

I guess husker fans have a ton of control over how our defense plays. Whatever.