Deja Vu

Fan

Its me again, the Bama fan. I just wanted to comment on how similar this forum is compared to Bama forums during the Mike Shula era. You have the ones that want the head coach gone, the ones that want assistant coaches gone, and then you have the apologists that have accepted mediocrity. Its not going to get any better until Nebraska finds a new head coach that embraces the Nebraska tradition of running the ball and playing great defense.

:boxosoap

To move back in the option direction would negate all of the talent we're recruiting on offense right now that is geared toward the spread (see Gabbert). I think that train has left the station.

Definitely need to get back to the tradition of great defense though.

I'd like to say go Bama, but if my girlfriend, who went to LSU, read it, she'd probably kill me.

I don't know I think those days are long gone. It's hard for any team to run the option anymore. The spread offense seems to be THE offense now.

So your saying if you put together the same team as the 93 and 94 teams that they would have a problem moving the ball now?

I'm saying that if you look at defenses and athletes as a whole they are better now then they were back in the early 90's. Defensive ends and linebackers are so much faster now it would be hard to get that offense to work. I'm not saying that those teams weren't probably in the top 10 or 5 of all time as far as teams go.................you forgot 97 by the way....................but it wouldn't probably be as successful.

When he talks about playing defense and running the ball, I don't think the Bama fan means the option, just being a physical run-first team who can still throw if they need to. The Huskers at this point are a run-first-then-realize-we-cant-so-let's-throw-it-60-times team.

I would amend that to say run-first-then-our-defense-gives-up-seven-every-possession-so-we-need-to-throw-60-times team

When he talks about playing defense and running the ball, I don't think the Bama fan means the option, just being a physical run-first team who can still throw if they need to. The Huskers at this point are a run-first-then-realize-we-cant-so-let's-throw-it-60-times team.

Dammit I was so excited after the first game when Lucky and the offense put up huge numbers....................it's like someone killed my dog!!!! :ahhhhhhhh

Dammit I was so excited after the first game when Lucky and the offense put up huge numbers....................it's like someone killed my dog!!!! :ahhhhhhhh

I dont think cally is the problem with running the ball. I think the guy has shown that if we ever get a line, we will run the ball down peoples throats. he's not the andy reid type that will throw as much as possible. I agree with the defense part though