Go to KOZN 1620 a.m. RIGHT NOW!

I feel a rush of verification to everything I've been thinking while I listen to these guys.

WE'VE GOT BLACKSHIRTS SAYING THAT THIS DEFENSE DOESN'T DESERVE TO BE CALLED BLACKSHIRTS!

All the bitching and moaning from McKeon, defenders from the four corners of the earth trying to whine about the fan base not accepting these jokers and thus ruining our image. And that is the thing that infuriates me the most. This whole ongoing thread has absoultely NOTHING to do with fans loving Nebraska or fans supporting Nebraska. This is about––it is ONLY about––a group of 11 imposters who mysitcally appear on the field each week. They call themselves Blackshirts, 10 of them even have the gaul to wear them on the practice field.

But Peterson is spot on. For the love of all that is Nebraska football, these guys need to get their asses off the message boards, out of the newspapers, and worry about how they're going to win games. The fact that we're even having a discussion about the FANS of Nebraska is absolutely ridiculous. Fans don't miss tackles; fans don't play without an ounce of heart and passion; fans don't let a scrub team out of the MAC come into our house and take a buzz saw to our tradition.

Now, what I want to see is a defense who doesn't cry for itself because the big, bad, meany fans are all talking about how sh**ty they are. I want to see Blackshirts. There's no need to define what that means. The fans know what it means. It's time for the players to learn.

X

Damn. That's almost as motivating as Christian. Now I think I want to punch my grandma in the face.

Ya know, I understand these guys in this radio show played in the hay day of Nebraska football. They know how it was when they played, and it was good. They know what it means to play for Nebraska.

However, they keep asking about these former players about the current defense and the first thing they say is "I don't know this man (McKeon), or I don't know that guy (Bowman), but..." then they proceed to say what they say.

If find the perspective interesting, that for sure and I understand wanting to talk about the current issues but I think it needs to be noted that some of these guys haven't been following NU football as closely as most on this board.

Ya know, I understand these guys in this radio show played in the hay day of Nebraska football. They know how it was when they played, and it was good. They know what it means to play for Nebraska.

However, they keep asking about these former players about the current defense and the first thing they say is "I don't know this man (McKeon), or I don't know that guy (Bowman), but..." then they proceed to say what they say.

If find the perspective interesting, that for sure and I understand wanting to talk about the current issues but I think it needs to be noted that some of these guys haven't been following NU football as closely as most on this board.

Does it sound like they just mean they don't "know them" personally, or do they not really know them at all, as haven't heard of them? I just haven't listened yet.

Does it sound like they just mean they don't "know them" personally, or do they not really know them at all, as haven't heard of them? I just haven't listened yet.

Probably somewhere in the middle. Might know a name.

Don't get me wrong, I completely agree with everything they said. I just think that needs to be pointed out. Do they need to know the players to say what they said? No, because they know what it was like when they played and when they were there, they enjoyed success.

Peterson was sitting on the sideline while Ball State made an embarrassment out of what he and generations of Husker Blackshirts had laid down before him. The entire stadium watched these clowns play with zero emotion and zero heart. Then we get to watch them come out and cry to the media for pity. "I just wish people could see––sob sob––how hard we're working––sob––. It's just not FUN. I'm not having FUN."

Like Peterson said, this kid should walk off the team. He'd be doing us a favor by letting Dillard have his spot (if he hasn't gotten it taken away already). These guys know more about the Nebraska tradition than any of us can imagine. They know what it's like to go out there and have in mind that this isn't about YOU having fun. It's about playing "for the guy next to you, and the guys that came before you." THAT is the Nebraska way, and THAT is what a Blackshirt sounds like when he talks. And furthermore, as he mentioned, Blackshirts don't need to give fiery speeches; all they need is to look in the eyes of his teammates in the locker room and a silent understanding passes between them. We're Nebraska. No one messes with us.

These kids don't know the first damn thing about that tradition, and it's sad.

I've been saying this for years, even during the Solich days (minus when Pelini was DC cause he had that D playing with fire), but the team as a whole doesn't really have any intensity. Defense standing around, offense hanging its head low after a bad drive. I want to know what happened to the intensity. The last guy I remeber trying to fire up the troops was Raiola and that was 7 damn years ago.

Only a hand full players show some passion (some of them aren't on the field) and no one tries to feed off of it.

His name is Peter, not Peters, not Peterson..........its PETER as in Peterbuilt. If we are going to talk about husker greats of the past, show some respect and get the last name right.

Quoted for truth.

Show some respect. If you called him Peters or Peterson to his face he would pull your testicles off through your anus. THEN rape all of your family.

His name is Peter, not Peters, not Peterson..........its PETER as in Peterbuilt. If we are going to talk about husker greats of the past, show some respect and get the last name right.

Yeah seriously.

I got confused thinking the guy was talking about Steve Peterson or whatever when I knew he meant Peter.

How can anyone- even a husker fan- forget to spell the names of the legendary players of the great years? :-/

Yeah seriously.

I got confused thinking the guy was talking about Steve Peterson or whatever when I knew he meant Peter.

How can anyone- even a husker fan- forget to spell the names of the legendary players of the great years? :-/

I dont know, but it pisses me off to no end and I had to say something.

Yeah seriously.

Because I was too busy playing with Tonka toys to know the names of the Blackshirt defense. Not to mention we have Steve Peterson, Todd Peterson, Christian Peters, Pete Carroll, Amanda Peet, Petey the Parrot, and a thousand other Pete-derivatives weighing down phonebooks across the fruited plain.

But hell, who am I to stop you from getting caught up in trivialities. :blink: