leadership

melscott62

i think therein lies the problem, everyone is standing around waiting for someone or something to lead or make a change. that's the problem, in that they have had so much done for them already, they just expect help all the time and kind, understanding, ego stroking words of encouragement.

Bowman did step up and try to be a leader but none of the other players followed him. That's the problem as I see it. The one guy who tried to be a leader and make a statement by turning in his blackshirt was left out in the cold by his team-mates. That makes me believe there a few guys on this team who feel they are the leaders by the very nature of seniority and not because of their actions on and off the field.

i think therein lies the problem, everyone is standing around waiting for someone or something to lead or make a change. that's the problem, in that they have had so much done for them already, they just expect help all the time and kind, understanding, ego stroking words of encouragement.

Bowman did step up and try to be a leader but none of the other players followed him. That's the problem as I see it. The one guy who tried to be a leader and make a statement by turning in his blackshirt was left out in the cold by his team-mates. That makes me believe there a few guys on this team who feel they are the leaders by the very nature of seniority and not because of their actions on and off the field.

Yep, that was a point made in the Blackshirt Roundtable. It doesn't look good in terms of the defense pulling together. Looks more like Lord of the Flies. I hope I'm wrong, but clearly, the players need to come together and fight to win. I hope we see some of that fight this weekend.

Wish we had time to stick the D on an abandon island until they developed some respect for themselves and each other and learned how to work together.

Yeah, though I'd imagine it would wear on them if the fans who are supposed to be behind their backs have started booing them and saying they suck and their coach sucks.

I have a bad feeling that the only we are going to get over this is addition by subtraction. I obviously don know this for sure, since I am not close to the situation, but cory mckeon is showing all the signs of being a team cancer. I hope I am wrong.

Imagine some of the past players such as Winstrom (who I believe is coaching high school), or the Peter brothers as coaches, hopefully they could get this team motivated.

The Peters brothers? They were very questionable ethically speaking as players. How in the hell could they ever be coaches here while assaulting all of the scarlets? I know we need something, but hey this isn't it.

The fans are the cancer? Give me a friggin break. The fans don't play the game. The fans don't coach the game. The fans just watch the game. How is that a cancer? If these players and these coaches are this "tender" skinned, then they need to check into syncronized swimming. The game of football just isn't for them. If it weren't for the fans, there wouldn't be Husker football. If this team continues to ostracize the fans, they may just very well find out what it will be like without us the fans. The fans pay the bill. It's probably wise to keep us on their side!

I don't think Q is the cancer per se, but I don't necessarily think he's trying to rectify the problem either. As the old saying goes, if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem. If Q is that disgruntled and upset with the fans (as we are their recent playing) then he should feed off that and use that as a motivational tool to get the rest of the D to play up to their potential and our expectations (as high as they might be). I think if there's any "cancer" on the team, it's the entire defense itself. Players have tried to be leaders on this team (Octo and Bowman come to mind right away) but none of the other players seem to want to follow. And that lack of followership is what I would deem the cancer on the team.

I don't think Q is the cancer per se, but I don't necessarily think he's trying to rectify the problem either. As the old saying goes, if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem. If Q is that disgruntled and upset with the fans (as we are their recent playing) then he should feed off that and use that as a motivational tool to get the rest of the D to play up to their potential and our expectations (as high as they might be). I think if there's any "cancer" on the team, it's the entire defense itself. Players have tried to be leaders on this team (Octo and Bowman come to mind right away) but none of the other players seem to want to follow. And that lack of followership is what I would deem the cancer on the team.

to me, when you watch the defense, they seem to emulate mckeon(dead, lifeless, uninspired) he has been a leadr on D for years now. I would certainly say he is a problem. I'm not saying that he's trying to be bad for the team, but he's not being a good leader.

No, I don't think so. I think the team is very much together, judging from his comments. I think it's the fans that are being the cancer, if anything.

so the fans allowed 600 yards to ball state...........ok

Yes it was me. All me and I apologize. I'll try to only allow 247 to Iowa State.

80 some thousand fans do their part and YOU let ALL OF US DOWN!!!!!! come on!! theres NO I IN FAN

You are not a leader if no one follows. A lack of followership? C'mon guy.

A leader influences those around them to do what needs to be done. I'm not saying that the players people have listed aren't leaders but to say they did what needed to be done but those left in their charge failed is preposterous. Leaders fail. Those under leaders do not.

You know who the Blackshirt Squad is missing? I do...one word......................Bobby Bouche!!!!! That would solve all of our problems.

guide1.jpg

Quick somebody throw a Blackshirt on this kid!!!

He'd look great with an N on his helmet... Does hr have any eligibility left? :rollin:thumbs